[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Vote for M.E./Fibromyalgia Research

Vote for M.E./Fibromyalgia Research

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Vote for M.E./Fibromyalgia Research

Postby Megansheart » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:22 am

This is my first visit to this board and hopefully not my last! :D I have M.E./Fibromyalgia and like the rest of you have plenty of challenges on a daily basis.

I have perused this board and cannot see any mention of the VIVANT voting that is currently taking place for charities to gain funds for their causes. Vivant is a North American contest but is open globally for voting via Facebook. Currently the M.E./Fibromyalgia/Autism charity that people are voting for wholeheartedly is the WPI (Whittemore Peterson Institute) in Reno, Nevada. This is a dedicated research institute trying to find causation, pathology markers and ultimately treatment for these much maligned conditions.

Any reproducible research regardless of where it arises can have an impact for patients anywhere in the world. In other words, we all benefit from good research and outcomes.

So please vote for the WPI at: http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/769 Currently they are first in their region and if they stay there for the next nine weeks (voting ends August 27th) they will win USD $100,000 or UK 62,000 pounds. If they were to win overall they would gain for Fibromyalgia research $250,000 or UK 156,000 pounds.

Vote EVERYDAY from ANY COUNTRY in the world via Facebook (see link). Click 'like' the first time you vote and after that it is automatic entry.

I am not associated with the WPI in any way but simply a patient who wants to see more research done on this condition that is not psychiatric based.

Megan
Megansheart
UKFM Newbie

Re: Vote for M.E./Fibromyalgia Research

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:11 am

It has been mentioned already It is at the top of page 2 of the board and mentions WPI in it's title.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Megansheart » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Excellent FluppyPuffy I will go searching!! :wink:
Megansheart
UKFM Newbie

Postby Megansheart » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi I went to the link that you posted FluppyPuffy however that was for the Chase Community giving which finished a few weeks ago. I am referring to the VIVINT contest and the WPI were again nominated and are doing well.

I think there has been a sense of desperation to get funding for these underfunded and under researched neuroimmune conditions, so people are better organised to vote this time. I am from Australia and there are people voting all over the world for the WPI via Facebook.

The link again is: http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/769 Please vote as every vote counts to help research for Fibromyalgia and M.E. It's very quick and easy - just a couple of minutes per day.
Megansheart
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:05 pm

At least it means it's doubled their chances of becoming more known and hopefully winning. And members can have a look at the linky for this one and decide about voting for it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby UKFibromyalgia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:06 pm

I think that these people-
Whittemore Peterson Institute
are very focussed on ME and were heavily in involved with retrovirus called XMRV .

Chronic-Fatigue Paper Called Into Question
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 87170.html
UKFibromyalgia
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:43 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Megansheart » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:53 am

Martin, the WPI is focussed on Neuroimmune conditions such as M.E./Fibromyalgia, Autism, Atypical MS and are interested in finding causation for any/all of these conditions.

As to whether their XMRV research results pan out (and it is still early days yet, on this research frontier), I believe the WPI as one of the only dedicated (ie. solely focussed) research institutes in the world looking for causes to these mysterious disorders, will continue to delve into finding connections.

As for me, my Fibromyalgia definitely has neurological aspects that intersect very closely with M.E. and so I am more than happy to enable anyone who genuinely seeks to find causes for these much maligned conditions.
Megansheart
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics