[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ANOTHER E PETITION FROM YOUR MODERATOR - PLEASE SIGN

ANOTHER E PETITION FROM YOUR MODERATOR - PLEASE SIGN

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ANOTHER E PETITION FROM YOUR MODERATOR - PLEASE SIGN

Postby janham » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:24 pm

Hi Gals and Guys

I think most of you already know I suffer from fibromyalgia. I am pig sick of the Government not giving fibromites any recognition or funding for research to find a cure. Yeap I guess I am on my Soap Box - but I do need to raise awareness about this invisible disability - as they say, "You look so well!".

As two of the original 4 petitions are due to end next month I decided to write one of my own - to keep the ball rolling, so to speak.

I believe you may already know that it takes years to diagnose and can you imagine the waste of NHS money that costs with blood tests which show nothing, x-rays that reveal no inflammation and a lifetime of pain. If they found a cure and a proper way to diagnose FM it would save thousands and thousands of pounds. Not good business sense if they refuse to fund research.

Have you noticed we never see anyone who is ill on the "soaps" suffering with fibromyalgia - not even on Holby or Casualty. I wonder why? I have asked them to consider this - but nothing.

However in the meantime PLEASE would you sign my petition to Mr Brown who has promised to "listen to the people". Just click on the petition address below or copy, paste into your browser and it will take you straight there. Sign you name please and later you will then receive an email asking you to click and confirm. Very many thanks. If you can persuade any friends or relatives to sign - it is not necessary to suffer with fibromyalgia - it would be wonderful. I have just checked and I have 46 signatures in 36 hours - hooray. I am on a roll.......

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/FIBROFUNDING/

I am told I need 1,000 plus signatures before Mr Brown (or one of his minions) will even look at it. Do tell your friends, family and/ or members. Any help you can give would be fantastic. See below for more details. I know you are busy but it will not take a minute....honest. Make it your good deed for today.

This is a cross party problem so you could stir your own MP and tell him there are FMS petitions on the No.10 site. Try TheyWorkForYou.com to get your MPs details. All you need is your post code. It is a pretty interesting site.

I will soon be giving you an update on the fibromyalgia book I am writing and editing - only £1001 needed to get into print. Have already raised more than that from friends and those who believe the book should be published - not bad eh? Oh yee of little faith!

This is what you will be signing - I hope. Here is my email from No.10.

Subject: Your petition to the Prime Minister has been approved
Date: 23 July 2007 12:15:18 BDT
To: jeannehambleton@mac.com

Your petition has been approved by the Number 10 web team, and
is now available on the Number 10 website at the following
address:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/FIBROFUNDING/

Your petition reads:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to allocate
funds to help FIBROMYALGIA with research, finding a cure and
raising awareness.

We implore the new PRIME MINISTER to listen to those suffering
with fibromyalgia, for which there is NO CURE, and provide
financial help to help them survive - (as the Government has
for ME). Who else can we ask for help?

Thanks for submitting your petition.

-- the ePetitions team

Thanks. PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION & TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO SIGN TOO. Talk soon.

Kindest regards

Janham aka Jeanne Hambleton
[/b]
Please excuse any typos - fibro fog!
janham
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:36 pm

Well, I've signed it but I don't know of any help that the government is giving to people with M.E. - I have a diagnosis of both M.E. and fibro (& believe the to be the same illness).

The only government funded treatment and research for M.E. is psychologically based, although the W.H.O. class it as a neurological disorder.
Min
UKFM Member

Postby janham » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:31 pm

Hello Min

Thanks for your support and signing the E Petition and I am thinking positive and hoping it will make a difference.

But we do need the support of those with FM and their families. As you now know it only takes a minute. If we do E PETITIONS we do at least stand a chance of being heard and we ARE raising awareness.

If we have negative thoughts and sit back and think "Why", who will know we need help? I have found in this world you have to shout about what you feel is rightfully due to you...so I am shouting.

I am pleased to report that with the help and support of friends and family outside the forum, we achieved 105 signatures in 2/3 day and we are going for gold.

It is beyond me when so many people look at the posting, obviously suffering with FM, and yet they do not try to do something to help themselves.

Re your comments about M.E. I understood £8.5m was given to research for this condition in 2005 or thereabouts.

Re the conditions, I have heard chronic fatigue syndome and ME linked, although the professionals claim it is different. I think the main problem is the GPs do not know what FM really is and do not recognise it. It may well be the same problem with ME.

Anyway enough of my soap boxing, thanks for signing.

Keep well and take care.
Gentle hugs
Janham aka Jeanne

Excuse typos - the old fibro fog - I just do not see the error of my ways...
janham
UKFM Member

Postby Rita » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:10 am

Have signed it. :)
Rita
UKFM Newbie

Postby jakerleen » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi I signed it, Can I ask if you mind if I take the address over to the bipolar site I am Admin on, I know a lot of the BP sufferers also have fibro, and they would be pleased to sign it.

Just asking if it's ok to do first.

thanks

Jackie xxx
jakerleen
UKFM Member

E Petition Co-proxamol

Postby janham » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:28 pm

Hello Jakerleen

Thanks for signing the fibromyalgia e petition and please get your friends and family to sign (you do not need to have FM to sign ) - as many websites as you like - I am happy for you to tell the world - just as long as Gordon Brown gets to hear about it.

While you are busy spreading the word there is another e petition about the disappearance of co-proxamol. Already the pharmacists are telling our GPs they cannot get supplies and yet this wonderful painkiller which so many of us reply on, is disappearing from view now instead of on 31st December 2007. We do need to shout out loud about it.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/DISAPPEARANCE/

Sorry the name does not include co-proxamol, but the web team would not let me use it, so I had to compromise.

Please tell your friends.

Hope you are enjoying the good weather and feel better for the sunshine.

Take care and keep well

Janham aka Jeanne

This is the wording of the co-proxamol e petition

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to tell us why is CO-PROXAMOL disappearing now in September when it is not due to be withdrawn until December 2007? Our GPs say they cannot prescribe it as the pharmacists can no longer obtain supplies of co-proxamol.
Caroline Flint, the Minister of State, Department of Health, told the House of Commons on 2nd May 2007, that when normal prescribing of co-proxamol ended in December 2007, there would be flexibility to continue to prescribe in certain circumstances for people for whom co-proxamol seems to be the only answer. Hansard reported the Minister also said she had confirmed with manufacturers that co-proxamol will continue after that date. The main manufacturer “has informed us that it is its firm intention to continue to manufacture co-proxamol following the cancellation of the licenses, so supplies will be assured.” But who is the ‘main manufacturer’ please so we can tell our pharmacists where to get their supplies. The MHRA would not release this information – something to do with confidentially – what confidentially? For heavens sake it is alleged they will have 72,000 customers. Co-proxamol has been prescribed as a safe painkiller since the 1950s and it is used by patients with fibromyalgia, arthritis and many more with painful conditions.
[/b][/code]
janham
UKFM Member

Your Address book

Postby smialls » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:38 pm

49 yr male.
HCV posative after blood transfusion during heart surgery 1969 - diagnosed 2004.
Fibromyalgia- diagnosed 2005.
VKH Syndrome-diagnosed 2006 .
Arthritis in my Spine
And living with my bloody Headache. Ahhh.
smialls
UKFM Member

I have to say it again

Postby smialls » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:06 pm

49 yr male.
HCV posative after blood transfusion during heart surgery 1969 - diagnosed 2004.
Fibromyalgia- diagnosed 2005.
VKH Syndrome-diagnosed 2006 .
Arthritis in my Spine
And living with my bloody Headache. Ahhh.
smialls
UKFM Member

Re:

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 pm

all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Re: ANOTHER E PETITION FROM YOUR MODERATOR - PLEASE SIGN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:30 pm

This topic is from 2007 fibro-lu and the members that posted on it are no longer active on the site, and the linkys on it are now dead.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to General Topics