Cleaning Tips/products

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cleaning Tips/products

Postby mand » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 pm

:penguin: i do have a voluntary cleaner...MEeeee :wave: , today ive done a bit, rested, tackled 1/2 kitchen and having a few mins... :cup1: im tending to now use the white bathroom scrubbie things for wiping down units and they dont hurt when wringing them out and i flatten my hand on the sponge when cleaning, i use toothbrushes, long dusters etc, cushion for kneeling on ....my my,ohh the knees :crazy: ohh there sore :crazy: ,driving me nut's......now finding grasping things painful......why is everything hard work...my brain :chicken-dance: wants to do it, but body :dunno: well thats a different matter.............any tips on things you have used to help you do chores would be helpful......many thanks...mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Re: Cleaning Tips/products

Postby denys » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi Mandy I've moved your post into here as it is a more suitable place, glad you are managing to do a bit but dont overdo it, or you'll end up in a flare.

I tend to do the same as you, pacing throughout, if I'm tidying and stuff needs to go upstairs I put it all on the stairs and just take a bit everytime I go up for the loo etc. I also ask everyone else to do the same and that way it all ends up where its supposed to eventually :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:02 pm

I try to pace myself with the cleaning as well :wave: :wave: I use the disposable polish and antibacterial wipes for wiping this down. I know they may not be particularly environmentally friendly, but they're easier to use and throw away for me. I try to get things with long handles to minimise bending, but they also need to be lightweight for easier handling.

If all else fails or when things are just too much for me, there is something I can call on that takes over and carries on for me..................OH :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby funnybunny » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Easymatic or dishmatic type thing some name like that is a handle put in your washing up liquid and attach scrubbing pad -I use for bath /sink/workflow (different heads) and light to hold - dip in water and away you go - can also be used for dishes
The unit costs under £2 in the first place and 3 refills heads under the same so cost friendlish

Helps the hands -very lite scrubbing involved
funnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 am

i have also got the wipes and used soem vouchers from money saving webiste for 50p off and stocked up. also got spray bottles as well. this is easier than bucket of water as i always have hand splints on which are a pain to not get wet and keep taking off.

now leave packs around every where upstairs bathroom, downstairs loo and outside kids bedroom to hint that they might want to do some dusting instead of moaning about state of place.

also went to stay with my elderly mum last weekend and when i came back they had a cleaning blitz so thats another tip i might try agains. :D

i now sptray as i go so every so often when i see build up i wipe the downstairs handbasin, apparentlly that all oh everydid, where i was more of a blitz the whole room type before skirting boards, floors etc now i just do what i can reach dusting or sit down and vac when feeling up to it. or not at all.

we are a family of 5 plus 10 pets so i just stop going in kids rooms where hamsters are as i would blow my nut, what i don;t see wont hurt me - i just use need to know basis now, so i use downstairs loo and upstairs bathroom for occasional bath.

we also go swimming regularly so i shower there so that cuts down on amount of time i need to go upstairs at home to have bath.

:wave: :wave: :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics