[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - High Protein Diet?

High Protein Diet?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

High Protein Diet?

Postby SuziM » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Has anyone tried a high protein diet..I've just been reading that it can alleviate FM symptoms...wondered if anyone tried it before I give it a go?!?!? :chicken: :dunno: :pigoink 1:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Re: High Protein Diet?

Postby denys » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Sorry havent heard of this one, give it a whirl you never know :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with it :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuziM » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:27 pm

OK...I've decided to give it a go! I ordered a book today to make sure I'm doing it right and to give me some recipes to work with...hopefully it'll be here before the weekend so I can plan my food for next week! :fingerscrossed: I think the hardest part for me will be not having my morning coffee or afternoon tea....I drink fruit teas at work, so that won't be a change. Also I'll need to cut out white bread, cakes & biscuits made with refined flour/sugar...hmmm...it's sounding more and more appealing (not!!!)
Still, I need to try something...I've never been one to take things lying down...although getting up isn't easy at the moment!!!

Reasons to start this diet:

1. I've been having monthly flares since January...I want to break the cycle

2. I have absolutely NO energy

3. I need to loose the 21lb I've put on over the last few months

I reckon my pain level this week has been around a constant 4/10 (1 being its not going to stop me - 10 I can't stand it)
My morning stiffness lasts around 1 hour
My fatigue level is 8/10 (1 being I could dance all night - 10 I can't get out of bed)

I'll try to update this regularly to let everyone know how I'm getting on!!

Wish me luck!!!! :wave:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 pm

:goodluck2: Suzi, hope it helps you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:55 pm

:goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: from me too :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:47 pm

good luck with it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby McVinster » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 pm

:fingerscrossed: Good luck and keep us updated. :)

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby SuziM » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:07 am

Ok...quick update!
Been away for a week (staying with Mother) so I haven't been totally good (had a couple of puddings)...BUT my energy levels seem to have increased (maybe wishful thinking but I really believe I feel less bleurgh!!) Also I've lost 5lb!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!! :clap:
Got a week at home then off on holiday again next week, so I'm gonna try to stick to it properly this week as I'll need all the energy I can get for packing etc! (Usually I'm Soooooo exhausted by the pre-holiday preparations that it takes 2 days after I get there to recover!!!!)

I can't say I've noticed any difference in the pain levels in fact it's probably worse!...but I am trying to reduce the morphine at the moment too, so that could explain it!

Anyways...just thought I'd give an update...in case anyone was wondering!!!! :cup1:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 am

Brilliant Suzi hope it continues for you and lets you have an amazing holiday :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 am

Hope it carries on helping with your energy levels Suzi :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to General Topics