[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new to forum and fibro

new to forum and fibro

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to forum and fibro

Postby inghel » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:00 pm

:?: I live in Melksham Wiltshire and have just been diagnosed over the past month. I am relieved it has a name, but i am still down, because you feel people don't believe :roll: you when you say how you are feeling.I admit i most probably haven't got it as bad as some people, but i still get quite alot of symtoms, ie headaches--- feeling foggy like a permanent hangover. extreme fatigue at times, feeling every morning that i haven't slept all night. aches and pains in hips and knees. It has taken the last three years for the dr to believe how bad i feel. some drs just make you feel you are a hypocondriac and dismiss you. The times i have cried because nobody knows how bad i feel. :cry:
I am a nurse in a gp surgery and am managing at the moment to fulfill it, though some days i have felt i so weak and tired i don't know how i get out of bed to go.
would love yo hear from people who feel the same, or just to hear from anyone with fibro. thanks
inghel
UKFM Newbie

Postby Min » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Welcome to the board ingel. :D I'm not far from you in Frome.
Min
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:14 pm

:D Welcome, I am just able to keep my job, but there are times i feel i cant do this for much longer. What medication have they stuck you on?, look for a local fibro group, i found out that one is around the corner from me, my first meeting is 20 sept, so im looking forward to that. It's not about who is in more pain on here, its more about'' god im having a crap day''. And yes you cannot describe what is going on with your body as it changes in its severity daily, and when you say to your partner or friend ohh my back, and next day ohh my ankles and knees they say i thought it was your back, hence you shut up about it as you cant explain the shift in pain. Well now you dont have to suffer in silence, come and tell all of us and have a bloody good moan as we all have a very good idea what you are going through, you wont be judged or critisized, you might be pointed in another direction for treatment you did not know about . Best of luck at work, and now you have been officially diagnosed, :shock: HAVE A BLOODY DAY OFF AND REST. steve..... :D :roll: :D
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:19 pm

OH Min! My friends used to live in frome, what a lovley part of the world live in, Lots of camper 8) vans there last time i was there. steve... :D
steve .b
UKFM Member

new to forum and fibro

Postby inghel » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi Min and Steve,
Thanks for your support.
It's good to know that we can come on here and moan, as everyone understands what we are going through. My gp has put me on Tramadol 1000mgs and paracetomal 1000mgs x 4 a day.
I have tried to talk to him since the diagnosis as i have suffered with a debilitating back pain for last week and a half. he sent me to physio, but said it wasn't the fibro as too acute, even though the physio says it is muscle spasms that is causing the pain. confusing isn't it. I haven't been to work since.
does anybody get back problems like this with the fibro?
Steve, i have family in your part of the world--- cheadle hulme. my mother is from manchester.
Min, nice to know you. frome isn't that far away from here. i have only ever passed through it-- looks a busy place.
love inghel
inghel
UKFM Newbie

Postby Min » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:44 pm

I would ask for an x-ray of your back to rule anything else out inghel. I've been trying to get doctors to take my sickening back pain seriously for a couple of years now as I knew it wasn't just fibro; & it turns out I have large kidney stones both sides.

Tramadol & paracetamol do little for my fibro pain - do you find it enough?
Min
UKFM Member

new to forum and fibro

Postby inghel » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:19 pm

My back pain started after being on my feet all day at a wedding, i did put it down to the fibro, as i find if i stand too long i do suffer.
The tramadol and paracetomal aren't enough, but they also told me to take ibruphofen, but this ended up making me feel sick. The mineral hospital dr, dr piper also sugested amitriptilyne,10mgs daily, but my gp hasn't taken any notice of this. I will be seeing dr piper again in Nov.
inghel
inghel
UKFM Newbie

Postby steve .b » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:19 pm

Well i never, i work just down the road from cheadle, and i use to go to hulme hall school in cheadle. The pain with fibro can cripple you so badly,it is agony to move, you dont have any strength to lift your arms up, every joint in your body is so painful you cant use it, this is known as a flare up of the severe kind, my back is sometimes so painful at the base i cant stand, cant lie down or sit down , so you spend the day in agony trying to get comfy and never achive it :cry: , thats when you go for the diazipam, it just knock you out. Ask for a full body cat scan otherwise you will have endless x-rays from different consultants :twisted: , and two to three years later you will have a cat scan. Fibro pain starts from your toes, up to the top of your neck and every thing inbetween, just at different magnitudes of pain. A docter has a 20 mins chat in training about fibro :shock: . Belive me they are no experts, Fibro can also be focosed to one area as well. There are so many ways fibro hits you that some consultants think you are making it up. Rib pain is also common with fibro. Talk to him about the paracetamol, thats not to good, save them for headaches, tramadol is good :D im on that to. I also am on pregrabalin, this can knock some people sideways and dont like it, for me it as a god send , but every one reacts differently to pain killers so keep going till you find somthing that you are happy with. Prozax is good as well :wink: Look at other peoples posts specially about diets, best of luck and feel free to moan any time. All the best steve... :D
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:30 pm

You have the same doc at the Mineral hospital as me inghel.
Min
UKFM Member

Postby steve .b » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:31 pm

:wink: ooh getting spooky!!!!
steve .b
UKFM Member

new to forum and fibro

Postby inghel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:31 pm

Funny isn't it how many people have something in common.
Min, do you find Dr Piper helpful? I thought she was ok. I think the Mineral hospital is very up together with fibro.
My back is feeling a bit better today, but i have been making sure i keep taking the tramadol reguarly. Yesterday i had gone back two steps, and felt as bad as last week.I have also beeen getting pins and needles in feet and hands all weekend. you feel as though you can't use them, as though they have no strength in them, even though yo can.
I think i am going to try and pretend i haven't got fibro and see if that makes me feel any bettter. maybe if i don't dwell on it, it will go away!
inghel
UKFM Newbie

Postby steve .b » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:53 pm

:D Be Happy, You Are Now An Official :lol: FIBROMITE. :lol: Its a real word, google it, there are loads of t shirts like
" I THINK FIBROMYALGIA IS A PAIN IN THE NECK, SHOULDERS, SPINE RIBS, HIPS, KNEES, CALFS, ANKLES AND TOES, mugs to buy and even though they are in america they post abroad, Dont worry about pins and neadles wierd feeling though, make a joke about mishaps and feelings and dont bottle up your emotions, i found going into the garden and having a scream, not to loud thogh as it hurt your ribs, but loud enough to feel better. Sunny day go out and feel its warmth, anything that makes you feel good but not to much movement , all the best steve... Well its sunny in sale ..... :D :D :lol: :D
steve .b
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi Inghel
Welcome to the forum, i hope you will be happy here.
take care
claire
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby shayne » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi, im new to this forum lark and fairly new to the diagnoses of fm(diagnoses approx 9mths ago) . until 8 weeks ago i was working as a carer, going into peoples homes to help with the various needs of others. However i was in more need myself some days,walking like i am 90 instead of 46 .It got so bad i have had to give up. I feel angry,confused, frustrated, weepy,tired, in terrible pain, and have had a constant headache for a week that is driving me insane. Painkillers dont seem to work, neither does the amitriptyline of which i take 75mg a night in the hope of getting a good nights sleep. Having been such an active person, i now feel like a lemon!! :(
shayne
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:30 pm

:) Hi Shayne, my name is pauline and I am usually a regular user of this board but I have been ill lately and my concentration has been zero so I haven't been posting. I popped in to read some of the postings but felt I couldn't leave without first of all welcoming you to the board and secondly to say that you seem to be a warm, caring person who is in need of a little TLC at the moment. With all your emotions heightened at once, probably due to lack of sleep, it is no wonder your head is aching. Please go back to see your GP and explain that the amitryptaline isn't working. There are several drugs that may help you to get that much needed sleep. If you see a consultant about your fibro and your next appointment is some time away, ring his/her secretary and explain that you need to see them earlier. Get on top of your symptoms and the world will seem a much brighter place and you will see the road ahead more clearly. Maybe you could work part time/full time in another career, who knows, but your first priority must be to seek the help you need. Please keep in touch and let us know what you decide, we will support you all the way. Take care.............pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics