me being cheeky .....

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

me being cheeky .....

Postby jakerleen » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:55 am

I wondered if I could be really cheeky and ask if any members wanted to vote for my daughter in an instantpopstar competition she entered during the summer. Cassie is 15 and she and her friend entered the comp for fun, they are at 113 today on the list and there are a fair few in it. I'm trying to drum up some extra support for them ......... daft mother that I am. It's just that she's such a fantastic kid, been there for me and her dad through thick and thin ......... of late life has been very thin for her and she works so hard at everything (she even took her GCSE English a year early and got a B for it) I would love her to have a chance, even though I know it's a really slim one as there are so many entrants, but every vote counts for them. She's been one special little girl her entire life. Her biological dad walked out on us before she was born and never wanted anything to do with her, we met Dave and he became ill within 12 months of us getting together. She has always been so understanding and supportive of him even though he has a mental illness (a lot fo teenagers would run a mile, but she is so defensive of her dad). then I became ill and she has bene my rock. She help me get dressed, does my hair ....... you know the drill hun when things are bad. I would just like her to see how much her mom thinks of her really.

it's www.instantpopstar.co.uk and you type in cass on the search. The song is "These Words by Cass and Jess" . Jess is her best friend and her family are so sweet they take Cass away a couple of times a year to get a break from things.

Thanks loads for any help on this.

Jackie xxxx

ps this is her and her friends on a video they made for school, it won a couple of media awards. They are all good kids and spend a lot of time finding daft ways to entertain themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7WYZ1U9tDE
jakerleen
UKFM Member

Postby jakerleen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:52 pm

Now at no 57 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A huge thank you to Janham for all the hard work she put in spreading the word. It's meant a great deal to Cassie.

Love to all

Jackie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jakerleen
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:33 pm

Hiya Jakerleen
Have voted for Cass and Jess, Cass sounds a wonderful daughter and you must be so proud of her.
take care
claire
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby jakerleen » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:15 pm

Huge hugs and loads of thanks Claire.

She is a sweetheart. She is giving up her Tuesday's from 3:30pm to 5pm to help at her old primary school and assist the Deputy Head in training the Football Team. Dom is in goal there, he has hypermobility syndrome, and she wants to be involved in the sports dept. She tried to get a girls netball team up and running there (there are no girls sports whatsoever int he school and it drives her crazy. a lot of the young girls are fed up and Cassie was doing her best to help them) but needed a teacher to be on site with her, so that fell apart. I think she's hoping to talk one of them round while she's there to stay with her and let her run a netball team too lol . She has a heart of gold and is always willing to help out.

I did mention Dom there ......... he was only 10 at the very end of July and is 5'1" already. He is a lovely little lad, never complains about his illness, just gets on with things. He loves football and is unwilling to give it up even though he struggles sometimes. He's learning his limitations bless him, but he has confidence issues and plucked up all his courage yesterday to try for House Captain. He wrote his little speech and went to school telling me he didn't think enough people liked him, but if he didn't try he would never know would he? I gave him a huge hug and said "even if it doesn't pan out you don't want to regret not trying". So when he got back last night, beaming like a Cheshire Cat I knew he had the biggest confidence boost ever. Apparantly it was a landlside and nearly everyone voted him, he was just so happy to know he had so many friends. Then he decided it was time that they talked tot he head about how he treats disabilities ............. Can't think where he gets it from lol.

Oh soppy mother in overdrive again .......................

Jackie xxxxx
jakerleen
UKFM Member

Postby jakerleen » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:31 pm

thank you everyone for the help she ended the competition in 67th place and was really pleased with that.

Loads of love

Jackie xxxxxxxxx
jakerleen
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi Jakerleen
Congratulate your daughter for me, you both must be proud.
take care
claire
xx
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby jakerleen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:17 pm

thanks Claire, we are very proud of them, she has entered a short story competition now and is doing v. well at it.

http://youngwriters.toowrite.com/my-swe ... -girl--637

Jackie xxx
jakerleen
UKFM Member

Postby shayne » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 am

Hi, Just wanted to say what a clever daughter you have !!! :D Went on the site and read her story. Was totally riveted! Not what i expected which made it all the better. she got my vote. good luck to her. Shayne
shayne
UKFM Member

Postby shadow » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:13 pm

What a talented young daughter, I just voted for her story! It was very well written :D
shadow
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:25 pm

:D High Jackie voted for the story, sorry I was to late to vote for the song. My daughter who is the principal of a performing arts school for children 4-15 was most impressed with both the video and the song. Your daughter and her friends remind me very much of my own children who have been involved in the performing arts from a very early age. Both my daughters have appeared on tv several times and my eldest daughter now has her own performing arts school. She still makes corporate films and has her own theatre company. My youngest daughter moved away from acting and is now a singer and is currently in talks with a record producer. All this stemmed from my having a house full of teenagers messing around, putting on shows for their parents and friends in my back garden. This was followed by a house full of performing arts students learning their lines for college productions or writing their own scripts. My job was to keep a constant supply of food and drink coming and put up with the noise. Luckily I have very understanding neighbours. Good luck to all of them for the future..........................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics