Hi I'm new on here

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I'm new on here

Postby aster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi I was told about you all today, So here I am,
Not sure if this is where we introduce ourselves, if its the wrong place, maybe someone could put me in my place :lol:

I was diagnosed fibro just over 2 years ago, but now realise I have had it a lot longer, I try my best not to let it take me over, but ,it ain't easy.... I also have Diabetes.

housewife, and officially have a big birthday in Nov ..... Get me bus pass. :?

We live in the North West,

Aster
Its not as bad as it looks, as tomorrow is another day
aster
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:40 pm

Welcome to the board aster, I'm not far behind you in line for that bus pass!
Min
UKFM Member

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:05 am

Hi Aster and welcome, my bus pass is due in just under ten years time which no doubt will fly by just like the buses lol
Nice to see a new name and look forward to chatting again.
Ally x
Ally
UKFM Member

Postby suep » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Wecome aster, I'm a newbie myself but only to this site, I've been dx for 11 years and in that time I have tried most treatments. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, they are a knowledgable lot here :D
sue x
suep
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:20 pm

:D Hi Aster, welcome to the site. A fibromite from my neck of the woods.
I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes. Have you got type 1 or 2?
Good job I'm typing this today or you wouldn't be able to work out a word I'm saying. I was at the dentists yesterday for root canal work and I can hardly open my jaw today. OUCH !!!! to say the least. Not going to say my usual phrase "keep smiling" as I can't !!!...........pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby aster » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Thankyou all for your lovely replies, and warm welcome. :)

I have type 2 diabetes. Pauline, so if its not one thing its another, :?

Te hardest thing I have found how it has changed my life. as ailments crept up on me, I was blaming the diabetes, but now know it was the fibro, :twisted:

But now I am beginning to feel I want to fight back, and not be the nervous wreck I on somedays have become. :x

I am very interested in how fibro has affected other people, and how they have coped with it.

Sorry if I sound a moaning minnie but it has been a bad 3 days. :(

Aster
aster
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:48 am

Personally my fibro comes along with several other illnesses which affect my day to day living such as arthritis, but I know when I have a fibro flare up. My whole body aches and I can't stand anyone touching me. It feels like someone has pulled the plug and my energy has drained down the plug hole. I can't think straight, my memory is non existant, I can't remember what I did five minutes earlier. It is a strain to walk, to talk even, yet even this exhausted I can't go to bed to sleep as sleep never comes and if it does I wake to leg cramps or twitching in my body. If these symptoms last for several days I then get weepy through the pain and lack of sleep. Even when the symptoms start to settle the feeling of being an invalid and not coping with every day things makes you depressed. When you have fibro you have to learn to pace yourself to try and avoid these flare ups. You have to train yourself to keep a positive attitude and not to dwell on the bad days and make the most of the good days. Not everyone has the same reaction but many of the fibro symptoms are the same which is why we understand on this site what people are going through and can try to help. I also have type 2 diabetes by the way. Hope this gives you a little insight into how fibro can effect just one person. take care.................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby shayne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:11 pm

HI Aster, being newish to the forum my self i wish you a warm welcome. I have to agree that reading paulines reply with how she feels was like listening to me trying to explain it to my husband...... if you read this Pauline, yes i am female, not male as i think you think i am.... :lol: I have today came out with yet another cold, it seems i have one everyother week,and boy does it keep me feeling down and preety useless, everything hurts, tired beyond belief and yet cant sllp. does anyone else keep getting colds????? best wishes to all. Shayne
shayne
UKFM Member

Postby inghel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:01 pm

Hi Aster and Shayne,i am farly new to this site too, but everyone seems to be very frendly and helpful, as all of us understand what we are all gong through. Fibro is exactly how the above people have mentioned, and bygod does t get you down at times, but, being the strong people we are, we keep fighting it
inghel
UKFM Newbie

Postby Joo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:32 pm

And try to remember YOU have fibro don't let fibro have you!!! Keep it as separate from yourself as you can - sounds mad maybe, but by making it seem like an outsider to your body it seems to be easier to deal with - for me anyway! Not a good explaining day methinx but I know what I mean!! :lol:

And welcome to the wonderful world of fibro Aster and Shayne too, theres many good peeps out there who understand and make life better!! Without fibro, you might never have met - how good is that???
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:55 pm

:? Sorry shayne for the misunderstanding. daaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!
I have yet another virus infection, exactly like the other one, sore chest, throat and earache and feeling so grumpy. Decided I couldn't suffer alone so have also given it to my hubby, not good as he is still building up his resistance after his cancer treatment. have also given it to my youngest daughter who struggled with a gig at the weekend and has now lost her voice completely. I have been offered the flu jab this year because of my diabetes. Has anyone else any experience of this jab?
some people I have spoken to ensure me it is worth having, others say once was enough and it made them ill....................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby aster » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi Pauline sorry to hear you now have caught a virus, its the trying to keep positive thats the thing,

My husband and I (Gosh that sounds formal :lol: ) have been having flu jabs for about the last eight years, and although some years we might get a bit of cold after them I know we would feel worse if we did'nt have them as I get very Bronchial.

Sorry to hear Hubby is not feeling to good , and hope your daughter 's voice soon returns .
hope you are all soon better.

Aster.
aster
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:31 am

Think my virus has decided to leave but not before it has flared up my fibro, either that or it's because of the change in the weather. I knew the weather was about to change when my arthritic joints started to creak a little but I'm trying to exist in a daze at the moment. I start to do things, get distracted by the slightest thought and forget what I started doing in the first place and go on to something else. Hope that makes sense..........................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics