Babies babies babies!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Babies babies babies!!

Postby livermore » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:40 pm

I just had to chat to some people who will hopefully understand i hope you guys dont mind.

Im tring to start a family and have been off the pill since i got married in may and i no its still early days but im so upset that im not pregnant yet, it feels like everyone else around me is getting pregnant!!

I have a nephew who is 11 months and a niece born on my wedding day who i adore but i am longing for my own and so worried that i might not be able to have one or carry one full term or miscarry. I know it all sounds silly but it does seem eveywhere i look i see baby bumps or people with buggys and working in a nursery certainly doesnt help!!!

I dont want to talk to much to my family about it but hubby knows how much i long for one. Hopefully once i get some answers from neurologist tommorrow that might help ease my mind. Sorry to ramble on it all kind of tumbled out there.

Michelle.x
livermore
UKFM Member

Re: Babies babies babies!!

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi Michelle
Try not to stress to much over it as this will make things worse, try to relax and iam sure it will happen, just give it some time. :hugs:
:goodluck1: with the neuro. keep us updated. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:21 am

It can take quite a few months before the pill is completely out of your system and everything gets back to 'normal' try not to stress about it. It took me nine months of trying before I fell pregnant on my 2nd... the first was only a few months and the third I wasn't even trying and was horrified to find myself pregnant... there's no rhyme or reason behind it as far as I can see. :fingerscrossed:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Agree with the advice you have been given, the worst thing you can do is stress, I know of lots of people who were trying without success but nearly all managed as soon as they stopped worrying and trying so hard. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: things will fall into place for you soon :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 pm

I second all the advice given. You've not been trying for very long and it does take a while for the pill to leave your system.

Try not to stress about it and focus on other things, it's a bit like clock watching - the clock seems to move on faster when you're not watching it.

And if you have a baby a bit later than your friends/family then it's a win win situation - free advice on tap from those who've already done nappies/feeding/sleepless nights etc and you can get baby clothes/baskets/muslins etc that others no longer want/need :D
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby livermore » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks guys,

i know you are all right ive got to try to forget about it and concentrate on me and getting my health back up to normal(well for me!!)but it was still a bit of a dissapointment when i came on today.

I will try to just relax now and i guess it will happen when it happens.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:40 pm

try not to stress as it can affect your fertility.Just make love has often has you normally do.and dont think about making a baby during sex.if your monthly cycle isnt yet monthly after coming of the pill then chances are lower until your cycle returns to monthly.Also look out for the egg white strechy discharge.This means you are at your most fertile.I always had sex with my oh when i had the discharge and im a mum of 4.Hope this advice helps and good luck.Hope it happens soon for you
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby sweet princess » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Michelle,

I feel your longing but like everyone else said, try not to stress sweetheart. As humans we are limited to what we can do, but God isn't. So ask Him to fulfill your needs, and be patient my friend. I pray it happens for you soon. Ameen :hugs:
sweet princess
UKFM Member

Postby livermore » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 am

Thanks guys i cam on again yesterday so no news yet tring to just relax still and see what happens but its is a litlle disappointin! Thanks for you advice tho and prayers.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:55 am

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Michelle, It will be your turn soon I'm sure :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics