[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Good morning

Good morning

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Good morning

Postby aster » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Hello everyone.... :)

Thought I would just look in, Hope everyone is having a good day :)

aster,
Its not as bad as it looks, as tomorrow is another day
aster
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:47 pm

:? Feeling fine today except for fibro fog. Burnt a pan because I forgot I was cooking carrots. Turned the computer on, went to the loo then went back downstairs, that was an hour ago only just remembered i'd turned it on. Had a call from a friend waiting in town to meet me and I had completely forgotten I said that I would meet her. It's no use I am going to have to go back to daily list making. Then again will probably forget where I put the list !!!
................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby aster » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a foggy time, and missed seeing your friend....
thats definitely me leaving taps on, burning pans, not finishing what I started, :(
But now when cooking I always set the cooker clock even if it is only for 20 mins, cannot afford to keep replacing pans. :) :)

I have found having a big dairy one the size of A4 I find one that size shows a week at a time, and I try to make sure I look at it each day, I have to write everything down.

I try to make sure I have a selection of general birthday cards in, and at the beginning of each month ,check birthdays and send the whole of that months of so I know I'm covered :wink:

aster
Its not as bad as it looks, as tomorrow is another day
aster
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:15 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I nearly burnt my flat down in London years ago, put the oil on to cook chips and the door bell rang, chatted at the door for what must have been ages and it was the black smoke that was coming out the door that made me realise what I'd done. Fire engine came, some hunky firemen too :D , but I'd already put the fire out, completely ruined my kitchen and most of the hall too with smoke damage. I never did that again, I bought oven chips! :oops: Also burnt plenty of veggies and other things, had to give up cooking for a while, too dangerous.

Kristine x
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:29 pm

I thinmk i burn carrots about 8 times out of ten and not only do they stink when burnt but the pan is a nightmare to clean, rice comes a close second.
On my foggy days i tend walk around looking stoned and as though im on another planet, its not good.
The doctor asked me once how old i was and i couldnt tell him, he had to check my birth date on my records and that was years before i was diagnosed ( the signs were there doc !!)
Words are where i fall down often, i know exactly the word i need and what it means but can i remember it? no way, i replace it with about six different words which i hope will lead me to the one i want but no such luck. The word usually comes to me days later in a totally unrelated situation, the brain must keep this stuff pending till the fog lifts lol
I made a card earlier for my son who was attending an 18th bd, i could hardly punch some paper flowers out but i struggled on, hes just got home an said i might not be going now but its a very nice card lol
Now im trying to muster the energy to go and buy some lightbulbs because one of the living room ones has gone and its very dull in here, i like light and at this time of year its essential.
I went to Matalan yesterday in the hope of getting some new jeans, i went into the changing rooms with some potential purchases in my size, struggled to ease them over my hips, did up the extra short zip and found an excess off waistband which barely covered my credentials ( whats that all about lol) i asked the assistant if there was any chance of me finding a pair in the store which actually covered my belly ( nobody say belly warmers) but she didnt look hopeful and she was right. I dont want to bend over and show everyone my Asda budget briefs in those low cut jeans, im 50 for gods sake and although im only a size ten, think of the mental trauma i would create for the younger generation, its cold and i want my pot covered lol
I ended up with 3 pair of cheap jogging bottoms which ( looked comfy) :(
the assitant who served was on a go slow i think an was looking everywhere except at what she was sposed to be doing, i think she was more fogged up than i was.
So im sat here peering at my newly created craft creation in the half light, in a comfy pair of joggers pondering burnt carrots lol
Cant wait to climb back into bed tonight onto my recently purchased mattress topper ( thanks to all those who suggested i get one ) its wonderful.
Oh, we have got fish for tea because i went to morrisons and re stocked on bogoffs fish in batter only to return home and find the last lot i stocked up on taking up the freezer space :( ( im not even that keen on fish ) lol
You may be wondering why im rambling away here with my random conversation, i think its important that we can laugh at ourselves and with each other now and then, makes life that little bit more bearable huh?
Ally x
Ally
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:56 pm

:lol: totally agree, it's good to exercise the chuckle muscles. Know what you mean about the words,I open my mouth sometimes and I know I sound a rambling drunk. (o.k. so I like a glass of wine now and again, but not during the daytime hours)The sentences were all in order and correct in my head before I opened my mouth. I am convinced that somewhere between my brain and mouth stands a fibro devil :twisted: just waiting to mix them all up...............pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi Pauline and Ally
Have just read your posts and had to just say although they made me smile i can relate 100% as most of my days are spent like that.. My poor partner is frightened i am going to get lost if we go into town i have a tendancy to just wander off and forget everything, he always finds me but he worries that one day he wont, not sure if he thinks thats a good thing or not, hmmm, might ask!!
Im not safe in the kitchen at all, good job hes a good cook and has taken to kitchen duties like a duck takes to water..
I tend to almost get run over on a regular basis, i do look but i cant tell whether the car is far enough away to risk it or not, it is so annoying.
You are right, if we werent able to laugh at the state we are in we wouldnt get very far, i have never been particularly bright its true but even im amazed at how i must come accross to other people.
I think some people i see think im on some form of illegal substance but i can promise that everything i take is prescribed...
must stop now, hope you both had a good day and get a good nights sleep between you..
take care
claire
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby suep » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:27 pm

I just had to reply. I laughed out loud when I read about the burnt veg, yes I do it too regulaly, microwave veg is easier but expensive especially if you have a family to feed. And Ally, the forgetting the word thing :lol:
I can even remember the letter the word starts with sometimes and say everything starting with that letter except the word I want, I usually remember it int he middle of the night :lol: my husband is used to this now, but I get embarresed with other people, everythings a thingy or a whatsit. Anyway, thanks for making me laugh and reminding me I'm not alone
sue x
suep
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:00 am

:roll: Morning everyone - have you seen the time I typed this - 3 in the morning. No I am not just coming home from the pub I can't ruddy well sleep AGAIN. For the past two weeks i have gone upstairs to beddy byes utterly tired out then as soon as my head hits that pillow my brain goes into hyper mode and I toss and I turn then I am wide awake. :shock: Came onto the computer at 1.30 thinking it may help but here I still am at 3am and I'm still wide awake. Don't know if its something to do with my hubby working nights. He recently went back to work part time after his illness. The slightest noise disturbs me, don't know why as I am usually disturbed by either his snoring or my own. Will be glad when he's back working days. :twisted: Just know this is how I will look in the morning, not a pretty sight. :idea: Might try some hot milk see if that helps.
Hope you all had a good nights sleep, or as good as we fibromites can get without medication.........................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi everyone...you all made me smile :) when I read your posts, I have many foggy days when I have to sit down and think what I was supposed to be doing. I eliminated the burnt pan syndrome by buying a steamer, I chuck all the veg in there and it does rice and it has a timer so switches off when its done (have managed to destroy one of these too by not putting the water in tho !! :shock: )
luuluu
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics