Any ideas on how to cope with a long journey?...

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Any ideas on how to cope with a long journey?...

Postby lilypad » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:53 am

:wave:

I hope this is in the correct area.....sorry if it isnt...

going to polperro for a week this saturday....and at the moment I have probs sitting in the car for ten mins!!!.....any suggestions on how

to cope :dunno: .....the weather is going to be lovely... :clap: ...we hope.....

lily
lilypad
UKFM Member

Re: Any ideas on how to cope with a long journey?...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Found this recent one about hollibobs that might have some suggestions for lily http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10554
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Have a lovely time Lily :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:41 pm

hi, we went to scotland from the midlands at the end of auugust.

it was nice but it took a couple of nights to recover.

we spread the travelling over 2 days there and back by staying in cheap travellodges in both directions. we tried to stop regularly every hour or so for tea/toilet breaks and i padde dout my seat with cushions, heatpacks blankets etc.

i aways sit inte back of the car now anyway so i think there is more room and we a nice big kia sedona with good reclining chairs and arm rests.

the first night i slept badly in the travellodge, then the 2nd day as soon as we got there i collapsed on the settee in the caravan and let the kids/oh unpack, so that i could recharge for the holidays.

whilst there i let the family walk round attheir own pace and me mine so that i did not feel under pressure to keep up with anyone and we all enjoyed ourselves however much we did.

take care and have a good time and don;t try and do too much.

:wave: :wave:
ps have plenty of tabletes eveywhere if you are on meds, i left my handbag at teh inlaws on te way there when we stopd off for a tea break. :crazy:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics