Idea too late for awareness month but anyone interested?...

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Idea too late for awareness month but anyone interested?...

Postby Jan42 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi everyone :wave:
Not sure this is the best place to post this, or if its allowed?
I just happened to comment on a post on fb of a poster about fibro and thought it was great. My comment was that it would be great on a t-shirt and so the conversation started....
Before we knew it we were discussing t-shirts with slogans to bring up awareness.
I had suggested 'Fibromyalgia is for life not just for Christmas' (hoping not to have offended anyone with this)
Someone else suggested it be done on a bright purple t-shirt.
Then that we should try to get others done for each day of the week or similar.
Also that if possible to somehow get these passed through the various groups/forums to promote?
Wondered what you thought and if anyone would be interested?
:dunno:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Re: Idea too late for awareness month but anyone interested?...

Postby barbara1972 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Jan42 wrote: 'Fibromyalgia is for life not just for Christmas'
I like this because i get it bad in the cold. So it suits what i have.
barbara1972
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks Barbara
I thought this might help get the word out to more people out there if there is enough interest.
Not quite sure how it would be done either. But thought maybe if we had the ideas they could be used to help raise funds for research etc? :dunno:
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:11 am

I like the t-shirt idea :clap: :clap: :clap: To get as many people as possible involved would take an awful lot of organising, so would need someone who could manage it, and it would need a design and colour that everyone involved thought was the best representation for who and what we are.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jan42 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 am

Hi Fluppy :wave:
Thanks, yeeah, I figure it would unfortunately take some big time organising and haven't a clue where to turn :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :yikes:
The only thing I did find out was that purple is the colour used by USA for ribbons for fibro. So thought that might be a good background colour, or maybe for the lettering :dunno: :dunno:
I was hoping that maybe a few people may fancy a go at designing/creating slogans to put on them so we had a few to use?
An American fellow sufferer said they too would try to put the suggestion on a few of the fibro forums over there too.
Maybe something on a much smaller scale would be better? Especially as getting t-shirts done could prove difficult unless we could find some kind person to help. Or perhaps transfers to iron onto t-shirst may be easier?
Do you know where we could turn for help on these matters?

:dunno: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I think it would be wonderful if we could do something :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:11 am

I wouldn't know where to start with finding things out, who to contact etc etc :facepalm: :facepalm: I'm no good at designing and drawing things, so wouldn't be much use trying to come up with a logo/comment :facepalm: :facepalm:

In fact, with how I'm feeling at the moment, remembering my name is a feat in itself :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi
There are a few places that you can buy t-shirts from, if you do a google search you will get them come up. :D

There is a site called vista print where you can choose a logo or upload your own design to print on t-shirts, i had a few t-shirts & stationary made up and gave them out to friends.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jan42 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:09 am

Hi Fluppy, sorry you are feeling so :sick: :puke: at the moment . Lots of gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
I hope you feel better soon :fingerscrossed:

Shaz, thanks for letting me know about the site that will print your own t-shirt. Maybe a way forward.
:chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
A friend got in touch with me to say there were a few sites out there selling fibro t-shirts, but she couldn't see any sign of those she looked at actually giving any proceeds to a charity :pcsmash: :pcsmash: :evil:
I think this is a real disappointment if this is the case even if they are helping towards awareness. :dunno: :facepalm:
It also looks as though if we did manage to get help getting something sorted, we could have problems with copyright on design ideas as there are so many sites selling them. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

My head is now totally :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :crazy: :crazy: :tongueout: :shooting: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
There is so much more to it, why do things have to be so complicated? :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I may have to sit and try the problem solving method to see if there is any easy way to do this. :?
All I'd hoped was we could help raise funds for fibro research while helping awareness :banghead:

Time for some brainfood
:cake: :cake: :cake: [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: lol ......
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 am

I think Shazq's Tinkerbell logo would look fab on a Black or Purple top.

My personal preference would be a hoodie.

I have a contact who has a business logo'ing clothing. Want me to get prices? He can also personalise but would charge extra.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:16 am

Uk's fibro colour is yellow with black dots (which is why we have fibroduck) good idea if you can get something going :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:27 am

I think we need something that includes the Uk colours and design, but also with the bow emblem :facepalm: :facepalm: All I can see now id yellow and black spotties clashing very garishly with the purple bow :shock: :shock: :shock:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:28 am

It would definitely be noticed but possibly for all the wrong reasons :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jan42 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:23 pm

busy mummy wrote:I think Shazq's Tinkerbell logo would look fab on a Black or Purple top.

My personal preference would be a hoodie.

I have a contact who has a business logo'ing clothing. Want me to get prices? He can also personalise but would charge extra.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah :wave:

Some prices would be great thanks, just to give us an idea for now for hoodies and t-shirts. I think teenagers are more likely to go for hoodies too. :D

I think the uk fibro colours & logo & purple bow are all great ideas too. :D

Though yes, we could end up with a very psychedelic top ( perhaps a warning to wear sunglasses should issued with each one lol) :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :chicken-dance:

I was going to go surfing today, but after shopping and nearly :hit1: knocking myself unconcious :sleep: on the car door while getting stuff out, I decided maybe I should leave it till tomorrow. See who I could find to help us get this going. :pcsmash:

Thank you so much everyone for all your help so far :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Please keep them coming and I shall do my best with the rest tomorrow when I hopefully feel not quite so :puke:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jan x
Jan42
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics