A bit of a funny side

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

working

Postby tina » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:23 am

hi shadow, my employer won't give me p/time hrs either. used to work 12hr shifts mainly nights so am still off work until they sack me. I have medical ins through employers so they don't actually pay me at mo so they have lost interest in my case, they never contact me now but first 9 mths on sick hounded me constantly to return.

technically i can stay on ins until i retire if i am not able to do the job i am qualified for in their industry.

would like to try p/time of some kind but have a lot to lose if resign from work.
take care tina
if the sun ain't smiling give it a help in hand!!!!
tina
UKFM Member

Postby shadow » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:47 pm

Thats a tricky situation financially cos if you cant manage part time long term then you will lose so much! I wish I taken out some similiar insurance :oops: have you thought about trying some voluntary work just to keep you going and give you something to get out the house for??
shadow
UKFM Member

Postby tina » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:14 am

hi shadow, yes a catch 22 situation but on the plus side i don't pay for med ins as this was in my contract as all 500 other employees. company don't like it one bit but inherited scheme from a take over and can't get out of it!! the financial package with my firm has been great but the after care is somewhat lacking. i do charity work mainly in summer months when like you all feel at my best.

tina
if the sun ain't smiling give it a help in hand!!!!
tina
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics