[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - cold weather

cold weather

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cold weather

Postby karen42 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi all
Shaz your dog is so cute.My dogs keep me sane especially when im having a very bad day.The question i wanted to ask is how does the cold effect other fibro sufferers on here now we have got the cold weather back i feel worse its even affecting my jaw as well and its making my tender points even more tender if you know what i mean,Also my rib pain is worse :(
karen42
UKFM Member

Re: cold weather

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Shaz doesn't have a dog as her avatar Karen :? :?

Cold weather has a significant effect on most of us, with pain levels shooting up and other things. Looking thru other posts will probably give you the answers you're wanting as there are lots of topics and posts on this subject.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby karen42 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Sorry its denys dog i was refuring to just a forgetful moment again :lol:
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Yours is a cute dog has well spaniels are lovely dogs my mum used to have one his name was dylan trouble is he was way too hypo for my mum with her not being very young anymore.so she found him a new home he went to live on a farm.She used to go visit dylan every other weekend but she stopped going she said it was two heartbreaking for her to keep seeing him.I could never give any of my dogs away we have 3 my oldest one is 14 years old and my jackrussell is 4 years old and i have a staffy she is 6 months old.They are my ray of sunshine.And they help you through the dark days :D
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Thank you Karen he is just as cute in real life and has made friends on here with Fluppy's dog and Shaz's cats they exchange views of us humans regularly. The cold affects him too as he has quite a nasty case of hip dysplysia in both his hips, so in answer to your question I would catagorically say yes the cold weather makes everything worse for most of us and our furry friends :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby karen42 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Poor little doggy.I suppose they can have same problems has us with joints etc,My 14 year old dog isnt that good these days on is back Legs especially when hes been laying down a long time,My oh and my son have to help him upstairs on a night.vets for pets do hydrotheraphy for dogs with joint problems we nearly died when we saw the prices they charge 60 per session.Ive had hydro at the Hospital it did nothing for me they put me on a 8 week session they cancelled 2 of the appointments they was always problems with the pool,Thats nhs for you
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Yep I know ridiculous sometimes, Harry doesnt have hydro, he's at the vets every 4 weeks for injections and has a medication routine that equals mine. Sorry to here about your old boy my last dog had bad mobility problems for years before she died at 19 always said I wouldnt get another but the family beat me down and along came our Harry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Spaniels do tend to have the hyper reputation, but with the right mix of food, exercise, mental stimulation and a huge amount of fussage and belly rubs, they are an amazing friend for life. DeeDee makes a huge difference to me, without her I would have become a recluse a long time ago.

The cold affects DeeDee just as much as it does me. She has hip dysplacia in her left hip, altho not as severe as what Harry has. She also has arthritis in her left knee as she had a dislocating kneecap and the bottom of her leg was out of alignment, so she needed surgery to correct and fix them. My hips have been particularly bad today with the cold, and I'm dreading what they could be like tomorrow as it's supposed to be even colder. My hands have been a delightful shade of blue as well :facepalm: :facepalm:

This topic started running yesterday about cold weather which has some other responses on it that might be of interest as well

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 pm

I think the cold affects most people even those without FM start to complain of odd pains!!!!!! DeeDee gave Harry some fantastic advice to help him cope as he was just a baby, he's a big boy now and copes really well with his disability. Hope your old boy doesnt get too sore with the weather Karen :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:19 pm

DeeDee was doing the same sort of thing we do on here, passing on her experiences and what she had learnt, with the hope that some of it would be of help to her fellow norty spotted doglet friend :dogchasecat1:

She was referred for hydro after her leg op, and she had 24 rehab sessions. When that finished, because she loved it so much we decided to keep taking her once every couple of weeksish as it's so good for her. Our session price has increased recently, but we still pay less than half of what what you were quoted :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I can tell how cold things have been today/tonight as DeeDee is incredibly stiff on her wonky leg and it takes a bit to get it moving properly for her :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: She's only 3 and a half :( :(

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to General Topics