[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibromyalgia is real

Fibromyalgia is real

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Fibromyalgia is real

Postby maxtomads » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 pm

This article made a huge amount of sense after several readings. It ought to be compulsory reading for every gp!! :-D:-D:-D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:22 pm

THANK YOU!!
Just like other illnesses that were once thought to be psychological (MS etc), fibro will one day be accepted and treatable. Roll on the future!
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 am

Ldyalb any chance your friends read the article and have got it into plain English. Fraid my brains fried at the moment and need translation :crazy:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mog29 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi martinw, I did try to read this artical but could concentrate enough, I just stared at some of the words and couldn't remember what they were!! :roll:
From what I did get, I think it's just great that other people can see this and know that we aren't just lazy and can't be bothered, but that we are genuinely I'll. And that we reall can't help being tired so much.
My most annoying symptom is the stupid brainfog. Aaarrrggghhhh. It drives me potty!!! Loads of times I've been talking to people and then my brain just switches off and I completely forget what we were talking about!!!!! And the name of things too! Like pencil,for example. Just a random object and I forget what it's called... :crazy:
Mog29
UKFM Member

Postby fatanne1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:38 pm

omg muscles that sounds just like me, im told to rest for fatigue which I try to do when I can, but then aches and pains way worse due to stiffness, but then the activity and drugs for pain make me tired again lol. catch 22 :yikes:
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby jennib54 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 pm

jennib54
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 am

Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby fatanne1 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 am

I do it all the time and as said earler it is very simple words like bed or home, I completely fget what im doing half way through aswell, and when im driving I get to somewhere and sometimes cant remember getting there lo bit bad I know. my eldest and hubby call it my old timers. lol. im always forgetting the kids game kits and own clothes day good job I live opposite my school so I can run ( ha shuffle ) back to get them. all hale fibro fog NOT!!!!!!!!! :crazy:
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:30 pm

Read bits of it :roll: :crazy: yes a good read,atleast its real 2 them :lol: ,in america they have adverts on the tv alot re fibro,i wish they would have that here,bet it will take someone really famous to highlight it here and thats a shame, as we have all to suffer until then :-|
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby sugar-girl67 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:04 pm

O.M.G!!! :shock:

That's a lot to take in!!!

My brain hurts already!!!

I need a cup of tea!!!!!!!! :crazy:
sugar-girl67
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed May 29, 2013 10:24 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby treading water » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:07 am

treading water
UKFM Newbie

Postby ROSE123 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:02 pm

O it is real very real my live has totally changed from being independent to spending most of my life in pain. I was very annoyed the other day watching saints and scroungers on television it told the story of a nurse who was claiming DLA because she said she suffered from fibro and it stopped her from carrying out things such as walking unaided and bending amongst others . The programme showed her walking to work,feeding her dogs bending and using her arms and best of all in a nurses uniform on her way to work! she was found out to be committing fraud because someone had the sense to report her and undercover she was filmed doing just that. of course she has to pay the money back and so she should. The underlying problem here is not only the fraud but the people who suffer from this illness day after day and struggle to do so they are the ones who really suffer because they have to go through tribunals and assessments to prove they are suffering causing unnecessary suffering, anxiety and depression, which I have done over the last 5 years.The women should be ashamed of herself.sorry for the rant but sometimes i feel it is needed xxxx :( :nono:
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:50 pm

felinefine
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics