[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Groups

Groups

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Groups

Postby Angel777 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:16 pm

I went to see what a local knitting circle was like last week , and though there were stairs to get to the room above the wool shop , I enjoyed the company of other women for a morning . Thing is I probably won't go back because it was very cold in the room and the stairs were difficult ,also I cannot guarantee that every week on that day I will feel like going out and knitting at 10.00am in a cold room. I was disappointed in that only abled people were catered for and no thinking of people being cold also which would have made me ill .
It seems such a shame that with the condition we have , groups like this are not really ideal for us as we are not looking after us , which we need to if we go, especially comfort and keeping warm . I like others find it isolating as there is no guarantee how we feel each day , but isn't it about time people out there catered for us too . This was a drop in morning circle for 2 hours but still it doesn't meet my needs . Such a shame . Why can't these places have things on the ground floor in the warm , so we can drop in as we feel like it , it is accessible and warm and comfortable .

So I will knit in my warm home with my cats !!
Angel xxx
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Re: Groups

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Maybe they haven't had anyone with an illness join them before :dunno: :dunno:

If you were contemplating becoming a regular member, talking to whoever organises and runs the group could help make things a little more FM friendly/suitable 8) 8)

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Groups

Postby denys » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:14 pm

I agree with Flup, tell the organisers you have problems and see if they are willing to make adjustments for people like us :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics