dishonest people - we could do without!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dishonest people - we could do without!

Postby cherryblossom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:12 am

Hi guys, just me having a grump! Last night I went with my DS and his partner to a carnival club meeting. We parked outside a driveway - a very big driveway I might add, bigger than my rear garden and it was on a narrow country lane! When we pulled up we noticed there were two cars in the drive and made sure we left room for them to get out, over 20ft actually.

We did the meeting, came out, unlocked the car and realised something was wrong. Closer inspection and a torch showed someone had driven into DS's driver door and door pillar and we couldn't open one door. We looked up the drive and noticed a car was missing. We went and knocked on the door and a chap answered so we told him what had happened and that it must have been the car in the driveway that hit it as it was impossible for anything else to have done so. He admitted his wife had gone to work but said she wouldn't have done it as she would have told him so! Anyway, we got nowhere far with them. They had a big flashy 4x4 with a mammoth towbar - that's what hit DS's car.

Anyway, crawled home as ds said car wasn't driving in a straight line. Got home safely and investigated this morning. Took it to a body garage who gave us 2 estimates, both going on £1000! In the end after more inspection it turned out that the main structure of the car was also damaged and declared written off! Well, couldn't claim on insurance so had son without a car in the middle of nowhere! He had no money as they've been spending it on their house which they haven't long moved into so all seemed terminally in a mess!

Well, fairy godmother came to the rescue in guise of nanny who found and bought him a cheap little car and have just got back home from collecting it. It's a lovely car, not big enough for what he wants it for but it wasn't far off the price of a postage stamp so couldn't go wrong really. But it's been one massive headache and even more stress as ds had no transport or money and we couldn't see a way out of it. We're all so relieved now. That on the top of having to see solicitors for other things so that was another 3 hours gone and I spent 2.5 hrs trying to change internet providers as our present ones are constantly rubbish at the job and our phone line is almost always permanently faulty! And I found out my best friend was seriously ill, her daughter contacted me.

But I'm furious as these people wouldn't own up and ds had to get another car sorted somehow and I am so cross as it shouldn't have to be like that, he'd spent quite alot of money getting his last car ( well, £900 is an absolute fortune to us!)and only had it a few months! It's so damned unfair! My conscience (?) wouldn't cope with it! How can people do that to others? I am soooo fed up with people who can treat others like it!

I'm sorry it's a long post of nothing interesting really but I'm just so cross and have spent all day sorting things out all over the place and I just really needed a good grump. I just hope I don't head for another flare too! Anyway, going to bed in a mo and hopefully tomorrow's another day :D it can't get any worse! Lots of gentle :hugs: to all and thanks for 'listening'! Cherry xx
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Re: dishonest people - we could do without!

Postby animalhouse » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:15 am

you should contact the police and/or insurance company and give them address/car regs to look into so that they can investigage further.

they shouldn''t be allowed to get away with this.

i scraped a car on saturday in car park when parking and although it looked tiny and no dents i left my details. qyote came back at 700, i am going to leave it with insurance as that is what they are paid for i cant deal with t he crap.

anyway i would not have been able to live wiht myself if i had not left my details on car and did a runner. it is a shame more are not like that.

i hope you get it sorted and don;t let anyoen get away with it do what you can.

good lock and best wishes. :hugs: :hugs:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby ribbons » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:17 pm

i agree , they have driven away from an accident, report them
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:30 pm

ribbons wrote:i agree , they have driven away from an accident, report them

Ditto, it's completely unfair on your DS that they've done this.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby cherryblossom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks guys, I feel the same really. I couldn't do that and live with my conscience and I really don't see how anyone else can :nono: :oops: . I've owned up before now if I've caught a bumper or something. Once I was at a hospital a&e carpark at 3am bringing my sister home after she'd done her wrist in. I reversed into a totally empty car park and hit a 2ft high concrete bollard! I didn't see it and my sister (who has a wicked sense of humour!) said OMG you've just run a granny with her zimmer frame over! :yikes: :yikes: I stopped the car and got out and checked, by this time she was almost helpless :lol: but I still went into the hospital security and told them what I had done as I had cracked the bollard :oops: . I knew I couldn't walk away as the place is covered in cctv! But it was just a bollard and I felt awful, even worse when what I thought was just a broken light turned into £3000 worth of damage!!! OH still loves me!

My mum, bless her, has bought him a very cheap little fiesta so they can get around as they would be helpless where they live so we picked that up at almost midnight last night! But she has spent her money for something that's not her fault. DS's partner's cousin has bought them a 2nd hand washing machine and told them not to worry about paying it back. He feels guilty as we were in his place. WHY are all these lovely people feeling guilty and trying to help so much when the real culprit didn't have the decency to own up :evil: :nono: ! Her OH was horrible, he really didn't seem to give a monkees and couldn't care less, we'd have to prove it he said! I'm livid at the thought he reckons he can put it down to the fairies when it's so flipping obvious that no-one else would have done it!

Sorry guys, guess I'm still a bit strung up about it! Why should other people add this to their own stresses when guilty people walk off!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to talk to police about it and the insurance company to see what his best option with it is. At least he can get about safely, thanks to a totally innocent person!

Animalhouse, I'm so sorry for you and I hope it doesn't stress you out too much, but at least you had the common decency to own up to it like most decent people would. Sorry it's cost so much tho. Why do these cars cost the earth these days? It's madness! Even a light can quite easily cost over £100!! I honestly thought his car would be ok as it doesn't look horrendous yet it's written off! Madness!

Anyway, thanks guys for your support. I AM going to try and get something done, why should they get away with it :tongueout: when decent people can't get away with even a late payment on something! Sleep well guys and thanks again. Hugs all round :grouphug: Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Cherry hope you get a decent result :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby trafficklights » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm

So sorry to hear that. I also think you should report it.

We seem to be living in a very selfish world now. It can be soul destroying, i like to think there are still a lot of people out there who are honest and have high morals yet i have learned the hard way not to trust anyone anymore. A sad state indeed.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:32 am

Sorry to hear that!!!! As others have already said report them!!! I hope it works out well for you!
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby noonoo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:09 pm

I also agree you should report them to the police, even if nothing comes of it you would have caused them some aggro, small consolatio i know but still, they might think twice next time :twisted: noonoo :?:
noonoo
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics