hi im new here

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi im new here

Postby debs » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:47 pm

hi there in new to the uk site ive been using fibrotalk which is overseas site.
im 47 and as yet to have an official hospital diagnosis. i have my appointment in december. my gp has diagnosed with either FM of ME but either way i know i feel unwell all the time. its the headaches and the tiredness that i find the real problem the pain well iv been trying to deal with that for many years. :?
i have a family that dont understand and i 2yr old westie who is a little love well at times. :roll:
debs
UKFM Newbie

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:45 pm

Hi
im quite new on here myself but everyone seems very friendly i have had problems for many years but it wasnt until my gp put them all together and sent me to the hospital that the rheumatism doctor said i had fibro and the arthritis was only in my knees he also said i have carple tunnel (not sure how to spell it) in my hands.
im not trying to see the consultasnt again as the tablets he recommended made me ill.
i have 2 dogs a colliex german shepherd and a boarder collie who are so loving and seem to understand when i need to rest and love to snuggle up with me
love p
keep smiling
Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Hi

Postby Rachaelw » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:13 am

Hi Debs,

Welcome to the site. It has been really helpful for me. I really needed justification that all this was not in my head! I also suffer migrains and headaches and I don't remember what it was like not to be tired. I am just glad I have a sense of humor or I think I'd be worse off. In the supermarket last week on a bad day, I knocked over a display and a sign then struggled to open my purse to get money out, the lady asked me if I needed help and all I could do was laugh! I am only 24 and I feel like I'm about 80. Exceptence of yourself it a big part of coping with this illness, and talking to people on this site has really helped me to accept myself, as I am not the only one. Hope to hear from you again.

Rachael
Rachaelw

Return to General Topics