family fund

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

family fund

Postby animalhouse » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 am

just wanted to say i applied for this for my son a few weeks ago and they rang me back last night and were really nice and helpful.

my son is nearly 9 and is homeschooled and we have been trying to get him assessed for the past 2 years with possible dyselxia/asd.

anyway i put on a few items tumble dryer/holiday vouchers/recreation activiites as he has to have 1 to 1 for things such as swimming and he also tried climbing a few weeks ago, to help him build up his confidence and social skilss with other people outside the family.

she said she would put me forward after doing a telephoen assessment last night and said what a couple of years we had with him and my fibro, so don;t know what i will get but just wanted to point anyone towards it who it might help.

i think it is for families with chidlren but they are offering support/respite for the whole family to make their life abit easier.

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: family fund

Postby denys » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:06 pm

:fingerscrossed: animalhouse, thanks for the info it just might help someone else :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Thanks for that animalhouse :clap: :clap: :clap: Hope they will be able to help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:50 am

had a nice xmas pressie.

family fund rang yesterday and offered us £500 holidays vouchers and £300 for tumble dryer or £900 holiday vouchers.

so we are going to take all holidays vouchers as researched and can get a cheap tumble dryer for £150 so would lose the balance.

so looking forward to going somewhere nice and warm next year probably feb/april.

it worth a try for any families out there who might be eligle.

:-D :-D :-D

ps why have rest of smilies been moved on main list - its a bit of a faff getting too them. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Tricia_TD » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:57 pm

My friend has received money from the Family Fund for about 5 years, as her eldest is autistic. She finds it invaluable.
Definitely worth applying for if you have disabled children.

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:33 pm

The smillies have been moved in a bid to tidy up the forum a little as they were forcing the submit button right down the page, it is a faff :( :( :( i've found splitting the screen into 2 makes it a bit easier as they display next to the forum page :dunno:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics