Doctors Report for work

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctors Report for work

Postby hugster » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi,

I hope that ye are all having a lovely Christmas? :-)

My workplace wants to write to my doc looking for info about my FM - I know that I can see the letter before it goes to work but can I see the letter that they send to the doctor?

Any advice or info would be appreciated :-)

Thanks and take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Re: Doctors Report for work

Postby denys » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:41 am

Yes you are entitled to see the letter and discuss what the doc is going to say to them :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hugster » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:28 am

Thanks Denys :-)

I hope that you are having a good Christmas? :-)

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:30 am

Yes thanks Barbara, hope you are too :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi this happened to me a year ago

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8344

I was given a form by my company's HR lady which I had to sign to authorise them to contact my GP and gave them his details. I was able to tick a box to say I wanted the GP to contact me first, I had to pay for the letter when I collected from the GP (work reimbursed me).

The envelope contained the Drs letter which was rubbish and basically referred to a letter from my Rheumy which discussed my medical history from birth (they hired me at 21 so I didn't feel they needed to know about my health as a 15 yr old etc). It also contained the letter the HR lady sent (which was worryingly badly written, if I was a teacher I'd have failed a 10 year old for it, let alone a 30 year old).

Because the letter she wrote was so badly written and full of grammatical errors which changed the letters meaning (I only knew what she really meant because I'd been in a meeting with her beforehand) my GP had written the wrong thing as he'd misunderstood the letter. I wrote a letter to my GP explaining the problem, he rang me and changed it to a much better report.

Definitely see the report before it's sent out, that way if you need to make any changes then they can be made before your employer sees it.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby hugster » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi lydalb,

thanks for that - very helpful :-)

I've had to do this before and saw the docs report - but not the letter from HR. I want to see that this time so needed to know If I could :-)

So far work is mostly 'talking the talk' but I don't trust them!!!

I hope that you are having a lovely Christmas :-)

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics