[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello and Bye, Bye 2011 ;-)

Hello and Bye, Bye 2011 ;-)

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello and Bye, Bye 2011 ;-)

Postby hugster » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:29 am

Good morning :-)

I hope that this finds ye all having a good day and still enjoying the silly season ;-)

I'm one of those people who doesn't think that Christmas is over just because it's about to be the New year :-) Christmas runs until the 6th of January - at least!!! ;-)

Anyway, I must say that I enjoyed our 'discussion' yesterday - it is good to get other points of view and to read about each others experiences :-) and it's great to have a place to voice these thoughts :-)

I'm feeling a bit strange about approaching a new year ... 2011 has been very much a year of laying foundations .... and a very, very different year to the one that went before (that was a very long, troubled year!) .... but this year was also capped off with my diagnosis ..... so it feels like I am facing a new and uncertain future......

Here's to the journey :-) and may all of yer journeys be as pleasant and hassle free as possible :-)

Best wishes to all :-)

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Re: Hello and Bye, Bye 2011 ;-)

Postby animalhouse » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:22 pm

cheery barbara

i have had a good christmas period so far been away visiting family for the first time in a couple of years as didn't feel up to it last year.

i must say it really cheered me up and helped me to think what i want to do and set goals for the foreseeable future.

there's nothing like going away to put a new perspective on things.

i also feel well as i haven't had the stress of a family tryign to look after themeselves as we have been catered for and styaed in a hotel for 3 nights but visited families.

i think this worked well as i get anxious at the thought of visiting others but staying at a hotel allowed us to have some us time as well.

anyway happy new year to you all. :-D :-D :-D :-D
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Lets hope 2012 will be a better year for all of us, a cure would be great. happy-new-year-1
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:51 pm

2011 has been a bit of a peculiar year for me. Up until Christmas 2010 I'd always had my parents living within a few minutes drive from where I live, which at times almost drove me to :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: At the end of the year my father had retired, so they decided they were going to live on the coast and enjoy their retirement with the seagulls.

Since they have been there, the relationship with my mother has got better and better :woot: :woot: A crushing pressure has gone and everything seems to be on an equal level now rather than her patronising and dictatorial ways previously, so that was a very unexpected and welcomed upside that never thought would happen.

The down side tho had to be move onto ESA from IB, and being taken in by the fantastic acting of the "medical professional" who carried out my assessment. For how convincing she was, she should be at the top of all the acting awards lists and win every single one of them :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: That has left a real bitter taste in my mouth that not even [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] can hide :nono: :nono: :nono:

Hopefully tho, this New Year will be a boring, uneventful and not too stressful one for all of us :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hugster » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Fluppypuffy :-)

I hope that this finds you having a good day? :-)

I'm glad to hear that your relationship with your mother has improved :-) Parents certainly can be a handful ;-)

May I ask what is 'ESA' and 'IB'?

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Sorry Barbara, it's easy to forget that not everyone will know what some of the abbreviations and thing mean that are used on here :facepalm: :facepalm:

ESA is the abbreviation for Employment and Support Allowance
IB is the abbreviation used for Incapacity Benefit (now replaced by ESA) :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's a major thing for me, the relationship with my mother improving. It now seems more like a proper mother daughter relationship, and I now look forward to the times when I see her, even talking to her on the phone. It would have nice if it had been earlier in my life that it happened, but as that's in the past, I'm determined to make the most of how things are now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hugster » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:15 pm

I can appreciate your feelings about your relationship with your mother ... My mother and I never had a mother-daughter relationship and, sadly, with her dementia, that's never going to happen :-( I can definitely say that its' abscence had been very noticeable in my life .....

Thanks for the explanation of the abbreviations :-) Where can I find out more about the ESA please? It sounds like something that might he of use to me as I have serious worries about being able to continue with my work days as they have been ...

I hope that you are having a good day? :-)

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Linky to info about ESA Barbara. It's a general overview, so for info and advice more specific to you, it might be worth going to your local Citizens Advice Bureau, or other similar organisation in your area and talking to someone who knows the benefits system well. They may also be able to help with completing the forms as well.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hugster » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks for that :-) but can I have the link please? ;-)

Take care,

Barbara :-)
hugster
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Linky for you Barbara, not sure what happened on the other post :oops: :oops: :oops: Bet is due to those :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to General Topics