Hello :-) What will we chat about today?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello :-) What will we chat about today?

Postby hugster » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Hello everyone :-)

I hope that ye are all having a good day? :-)
I've been doing a lot of sorting of boxes this week - some things I haven't seen in years!!

Aside from it needing to be done, I'm trying to make the most of my time off to make things easier for when I'm back at work.

What little things do people do to make practical things easier on a day to day basis?

One of the things I do at the start of the week is put my socks and nickes together for each work day along with a pair of 'at home socks' - a small thing but it makes all the difference first thing in the morning!!!

Take care,

Barbara :-)
hugster
UKFM Member

Re: Hello :-) What will we chat about today?

Postby woolymonkey » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:55 pm

Hello Barbara,
This is the very first time of posting for me and I have literally just finished saying 'Hello' to everyone.

I read your post and just had to respond to it as I have now made it a full time job to try and make life that little bit easier for myself.

I am now housebound and get very depressed sometimes so, apart from knitting a lot, I have moved myself and most of my important day to day can't do without bits and pieces, into a corner of the living room. This saves me getting up and down a thousand times to get a hanky or a new ball of wool or whatever, as my memory also gets a bit vague and sometimes a lump vague!

I also have a lot of boxes full of these useful bits and pieces which are stacked on a trolley next to my chair. I have to try and remember which 'thing' is in which box though and this can be very frustrating sometimes as you can imagine!

In fact, I have just had a big sort out, ( all of it done whilst sitting down I might add ). Now all I have to do is remember where I put it all with the help of those little sticky note thingies.

I do find that those wet wipes are invaluable for when you get hot and sticky plus a few tubes of necessary face creams etc.

I hope it's a long time before you need to do any of this though! I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday from work and it's nice meeting you. Hope to speak again.
Wooly-monkey
woolymonkey
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello :-) What will we chat about today?

Postby hugster » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:24 am

Hi wooly-monkey :-)

nice to meet you too :-)

I'm sorry to hear that you are housebound :-( but it does sound like you are making the best of your situation :-) I like your ideas - I may have to borrow one or two ;-)

I live in a studio flat do my bits and bobs are never far away ;-) strange though, I still manage not to be able to find what I am looking for! ;-)

Personally, I reckon that it's the teddies playing tricks on me ;-)

I realise that others are far more affected by FM but I do wonder how long I'll be able to continue as I have been ..... time to maybe start thinking about a change in direction - something that is probably overdue anyway!!! It's going to be an interesting time .....

What do you knit? I do a lot of different crafts but haven't learned to knit yet - it's on my list of things to do soon :-)

I hope that you have a wonderful New Year and that you continue to manage to make things a bit easier for yourself day by day :-)

Take care,

Barbara :-)
hugster
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics