Everyone is back at work.

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Everyone is back at work.

Postby denys » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:04 am

Nice one Ross, sometimes doing a good turn helps to make us feel better about ourselves :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:50 am

I think I was on a helpers high.
I've been there many times myself, but not as early as 9oclock! So I like to help back with drunk poeple. I remember one new year a lassy slipped on ice and fell backwards down a hill (so further to travel) and whacked her head off the pavement, I helped her get up and make sure she was ok, but she seemed more concerned about telling the person on the other end about what happened!

I'm just paranoid of the accusations that might appear, or if if that really was her flat as the door was unlocked but I did shout "hello, anybody here?"

An other guy helped me so atleast got a witness as well as some passing poeple.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Dont worry about accusations she probably has a thick head this morning to cope with and will be mortified she needed you and the other guy to help her home :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Just thought I would do a wee update:

There's about four jobs I've applied for, or about to apply for, that I really like the sounds of. Well one not so much, but no harm in sending it off.

I've also learnt today "disabled" poeple may be entitled to a retraining fund sooner than other claiming JSA if they've had to leave a field of work that they can no longer do due to health issues. Such as myself, I will need to try and remember to speak to an advisor on thursday for this.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Good for you Ross and :fingerscrossed: something good comes from them, definitely worth speaking to an advisor :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby alikat1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi there!

I know what you mean...it is hard...and it is LONELY!

My husband thankfully has been working at home for over a year, but I know what it's like...I used to space/pace my day so that I had little things to do like making my hubby's lunch, an easy dinner etc. (I can hand on heart say I'm not a couch potato addicted to Jeremy Kyle and the like!).

In saying all of this, the best thing I ever did was start volunteering. I volunteer at a place that works with people who have mental illness and provide an outlet by doing arts and crafts. However, they also work in the community to raise mental health awareness.

The thing is that as a volunteer, if I was having a bad day, and couldn't make it out, it was/is accepted. I informed the organisation right at the beginning that I can be unreliable!

However...from doing this volunteer work it has opened up a new world for me...I have met wonderful, kind, caring individuals (including a few more with fibro!). It has gotten me out of the house (transport was always organised for me). I got to use my brain in tasks...I also learned how to crochet! And found something I could do to alleviate my stress/depression and do it in bed, on my heating pad or ice!

On top of all this, this organisation just got a very substantial lottery fund and are going to be setting up a bistro (my background is catering). And although I am not in a position to physically cook, it looks like there may be a part time position in regards to menu design, marketing -and things I can do at home...

So. Why not get in touch with your local volunteer agency? They can match your interests as well as take on board your abilities/disabilities. You never know...not only can you meet new peeps and get you out of the house, you may wind up in a perfect job, too!

A.x

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk
alikat1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Ross, write down anything you want to ask or know about for your appt on Thursday. Take it with you (If you can remember :facepalm: :facepalm: ) as it can help you remember the things you want to find out about.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: with the job hunting and/or retraining, hopefully there will be something just right for you soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:46 pm

ross,

that sounds really good, you are taking a step in the right direction. don;t worry if it sometimes gets too much and you need to take a step back.

as long as you pace yourself and don;t over do it..

:fingerscrossed:

please let us know about the retraining thing if you get any more info. thanks. :-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 pm

I admit I was bad and didn't ask about the retraining, it was a very quick and basic "is this info correct, it's what we have the last time" type meeting.
I got them to changed that I did have health issues and what was wrong. Also got them to change what floor I went to my fortnightly sign on so I don't have to use the stairs. I have a meeting with my personal advisor in 6weeks, sounds a lot but in reality it's in three sign on sessions.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby mrsellgee » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Ross

I know exactly how you feel. No body tells you what is available.
I am unable to do my job and have a meeting this month to terminate my contract :(
As I work for the ambulance service and am unable to do heavy lifts etc. I have been off since May and when
my husband and kids are at work and school I too find it some days almost unbearable, have been crying on and off
since Christmas day a lot of it is sheer frustration because I cant do what I used to. I dont know if I will be able to claim any
sort of benefit and the stress is of course making me feel worse. :yikes:

I never thought of retraining to do something else, may have to look into doing something like that myself if only to keep me sane.
Keep us posted and good luck :-)

Take care

Hayley
mrsellgee
UKFM Member

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Don't get hopes up too much that they'll fund an entire college course type thing.
My small understanding is it's stuff like;
"an introduction to..."
"beginners guide to..." etc
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 pm

ross,
hope your're ok after you meeting.

keep us posted and well done for this one.

would be nice to do something myself at some point.
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 am

Don't worry about not asking about training and things Ross, you'll probably be able to find out more about things as you go along.

Even tho the types of things they fund are the intro type courses, that could still be of benefit as you could get a chance to find out about other potential ideas for employment, which in turn could lead to all sorts of possibilities for you!!

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to General Topics