[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - crafts and pain

crafts and pain

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

crafts and pain

Postby jess » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:44 am

I was reading some of the theads and noticed there a few of us that use craft to take our minds off the pain of fms and i was wondering just how many there is
I card make and i enjoy it as it takes my mind off everything just wish i could afford more of the kits you see on tv
jess
UKFM Member

craft

Postby cat123 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:38 pm

hi there,jess ,im also busy with crafting.i make viking and medieval clothes because me and my hubby do reanactment.Depending on how i feel im allways making something or other.At the moment im making a large bag ,with viking embroidery.I cant us a sewing machine because the stitches wouldent be authentic.So most stuff is done by hand.this lot keeps me busy.take care.....cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi Jess

I also enjoy doing crafts and try anything from knitting, cross stitch, colouring to painting by numbers. I also do card making which I sell to family and friends.

I agree that it is therapeutic to sit down and immerse yourself in crafts. Think without it I would have gone mad ages ago.

Helen x
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby crazyhog » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:15 pm

Hi Jess
Me too. when ive got time I make cards. A few years back i used to hold party plan evenings selling homemade mirrors, painted plant pots etc. :D

hoping to have a craft room when we move, somewhere to keep all the bits collected over the years.

crazyhog
crazyhog
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:18 pm

i dont do crafts so much (being a tom boy) but last summer discovered fishing. a few hours by the river feeding the robins maggots and catching the occassional fish and i can claim to be a sportswoman. lol very relaxing though.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby TraceyG » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:08 pm

I make cards and scrapbook pages, also altered art... obviously I do not do this as much as I'd like to anymore, as you say, due to sore hands/shooting pains/swelling, but sometimes I do try to ignore the pain (which is difficult).

I have a crafty forum too if anyone is interested (pm me for details). But here are some examples of my work -

http://www.papercraftjunkies.com/gallery/index.php?c=2
Tracey x
TraceyG
UKFM Member

Postby Shera » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 pm

I make my own cards, I've only just started doing it, but I'm turning out some good cards.

I've been a cross stitcher for years & have some lovely pictures on my walls from years ago. these days I still stitch but only short periods, I have done my family cross stitch cards for their birthdays, I did the first letter of their name, they look good, & because their small it dosen't take too long.
I have a large laying tiger that's been waiting to be finished for years, eventually it will get done,: :lol:
I have Lupus, Fibro, IBS, Arthritis & Raynauds.
Don't ask me about them though, the brain fog refuses to let me answer ROFL
Hugs & Cuddles
Dee
xxxxxx
Shera
UKFM Member

Postby tina » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:21 am

hi all, yes crafting can be a god send in winter months. I like to do rug making but it can be expensive. I also have several half finished projects of knitting, cross stitch jigsaw puzzles etc. i seem to enter into a venture with real enthusiusum but it never lasts as it takes so long to finish something but hey won;t give up !! at mo am into magazine puzzles Chat, Take a break etc in hope i might win holiday in a warm climate. Never won anything in my life so far any lucky ppl out there?

take care sleep if you can
tina
tina
UKFM Member

winning

Postby cat123 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:30 am

Ive never won anything but my mate has,ith mag comps,shes won all sorts,holidays included,the lucky thing,so i would carry on doing it,because someone has to win.
cat123
UKFM Member

crafts

Postby lynndy-lou » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:46 pm

I make novelty cakes and manage to sell them. Its something I can do sat down. Only problem is WEIGHT GAIN from eating the left overs!!
lynndy-lou
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:06 am

:D I love loads of arts and crafts...too many really!! My main loves are art and photography - hubby is a great artist in his spare time and I still frame his work (with a little help nowadays!!) as I was a bespoke framer in my former life!! Card making, scrapbooking, sewing, anything you throw at me, I'll have a go!! :D

Joo x
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby aster » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:51 pm

I love my digital camera that I had bought me last year, new apple lappy
:lol: watercolouring when I can, try when I can to walk a bit, and now learning to speak Polish :lol:

a suduko every day, like to read a bit, anything to take my mind of this fibro even just for a little while......

not time for housework, even if I was well enough, the thing is some days I cannot do anything because of the pain, :cry:

It will not beat me......

aster
Its not as bad as it looks, as tomorrow is another day
aster
UKFM Member

Postby Lucy & Her Lurchers » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:23 am

I am going to start making dog coats and dog realted items (eg collars, beds, outfits etc) if possible. all to raise money for a dog rescue. I decided this before my diagnosis but now with my diagnosis from what i have learnt its not always good to make things on the computer, but rather invest in another craft.

i also enjoy photography but at the moment i havent had a chance to take any photos :(
and i know with my FMS i will never be riding regularly like i used to, so on good days ill be out with my dog(s)(if we still have gracie)

at the moment i just play around on the computer, making silly little bits and bobs. like this:

:)

Lucy x
Lucy & Her Lurchers

hobbies

Postby cat123 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:48 pm

hi lucy,thats really nice work! Iloved it because Ive never seen anyone put pictures up before on here.that dog looks like my friends whippet called gimmley.do some more.Any how how on earth have you put pics on?If you tell me ,i will put pics of my dogs on,Ive got a tea cup chihuahua,and 2 cross belguim,border collies.And 2 pussy cats,and old boris the corn snake.The snakes my hubbys,i hate them!Did jeanne fix you up with a penfriend in the usa?Hope so! take care lucy, cat
cat123
UKFM Member

could anyone answer my questions?

Postby jackie mum » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:55 pm

:?: i have m.e and fm,i did right before,but did'nt put these as questions,you may have answered the same questions before, so sorry if i trail up old ground i am new!!!!

does anyones face swell (checks,eyes,sides of face) mine does
does anyones neck and throat swell,very hard to swollow most days
does anyone have cramped muscles in there face and neck and find it hard to breathe??????????

please please reply!!!!! just feel something else is wrong with me have other symtoms that don't seem related,just started with them over last 12mths,have had m.e and fm for 5years.

lol jackie xoxo
hi im jackie married mum of 1 with m.e and fibromyalgia,34 years old,loving this site.
jackie mum
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to General Topics