[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Optimum Health Clinic

Optimum Health Clinic

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Optimum Health Clinic

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:09 pm

:goodluck1: keep us updated. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby NessieQ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:04 pm

I've also signed up for a free 15 minute chat. It seems that they offer them not only about their own product, but for more general advice as well - which might be useful for some of our members. Just a thought. :-)
NessieQ
UKFM Member

Postby Genie65 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:26 pm

I have also booked a chat for tomorrow, so will post about it if there is anything new or interesting. I want to find out first "how much" the initial consultation is, and secondly what work they have done with fibro people, as the video focus is on ME - only one patient speaks of pain, remarks that he woke up feeling as though he'd been beaten with a baseball bat! yep, that's the feeling. Also the people featured on the video are all young, and I reckon a young b ody has more chance of recovery, but in their brochure they feature a woman of 66 who managed a trip to America to see her grandsons, for the first time! Now that sounds more like it.
Genie65
UKFM Member

Postby NessieQ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Here's a video about what they do (in their nutrition section anyway) for fibros:

http://www.freedomfromme.co.uk/nutrition-fibromyalgia/

I think my big worry about them is, if all of the tests they do can be done by the GP, and all of the supplements that help are available elsewhere, why do we need to pay them five hundred quid....? :-? I had my fifteen minute chat with them, and asked that question, and wasn't at all satisfied with the answer. I also spotted a number of holes in the answers she was giving me that made me distrust her a lot - although to give them their due, that might just be because they are only allowed to give out a certain amount of information on the phone (i.e. when you aren't paying them!).

Something else that's important to note is that if you were to get all of the tests they list on their website, it would work out (their words not mine) 'very expensive indeed'. I was under the false impression that by signing up to them you'd be subject to a battery of tests which would figure out what was going wrong, but it seems like they pick and chose according to your circumstances - and if those tests don't show anything up, then no cigar.

I have yet to have the 'psychology' 15 minute consult, and I'll report back when I do, but so far my plan of action is to go my doctor with the list of things they plan to do, ask if she would be willing to do any of them and what their merit might be. After that I'll weigh things up.
NessieQ
UKFM Member

Postby NessieQ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:00 pm

PS Just for reference, the OHC are also working with Dr Sarah Myhill, who I've posted about elsewhere.
NessieQ
UKFM Member

Postby murru36 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:59 am

Hi I am new to the site and have been reading the conversation from Jan 2012 about the Optimum Health Clinic. Did anyone get anywhere with them?
murru36
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am

Folks, Have those of you who feel they are gluten/ lactose intolerant had the usual antibody tests from your GP. If these come back as positive you would then be entitiled to some gluten/lactose free products from the NHS. so saving on the fancy brands from Supermarkets & health food shops.

Good luck , had children who were lactose & gluten sensitive at a time when we didn't have any of the big supermarkets nearby or many health shops. It was an absolute nightmare .

One of the funniest times was when a local ice cream/cafe decided to start making sorbets, so took the children for a treat and the shop made a knickerbocker glory of sorts with the sorbet. Thier eyes where like saucers and my youngest (about 6 at the time)proudly told the whole shop that they were very very lucky as this was the first time they had ice cream . The looks I got from dotting grannies out with thier grandchildren should have had me 6ft under ! such a bad mummy!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby joshkz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 pm

I saw the people at the ohc a few years ago & i would like others to be aware of their shady lying behaviour.
I went there in good faith having spoke to Anna Duchovney on the phone & arranged an appointment for treatment. I`d suffered from ME for 15 yrs at this point.
I emailed Anna the day before & to confirm the appointment for treatment for the next day her reply was "yes thats the one" which i found a bit odd.
So the next day i travelled 100 miles to get there, then she refused to treat me saying the first appointment was free, that is NOT what we arranged on the phone. She did`nt even know where i`d come from exclaiming ,"where are you from again" I can`t put into words what an inconsiderate cruel excuse for a therapist this woman is.i wrote & complained the next day,she did reply,there was no regret or sorry, a very cold woman.
Out of desperation i did go back,as i was so desperate to learn the lightning process & at the time it was the only way i could possibly afford it,i went back to see Ashley Meyer, he claimed that Anna had been very apologetic about not treating me, i said to him ,she did NOT apologise to me!!! I hate being lied too... When we did the lightning process half way through he says to me "you arent that ill are you" in a jovial tone,i`m an artist & since i`ve been ill i cant paint for more than 20 mins 3 times a day, i found his insensitive idiotic comment disturbing.I couldnt even think clearly enough to tell him off i was so overtired......... he seemed to be very keen that i trust him, as if i would after the way they treated me...
I really have to say ,in 20 yrs of having ME,these people upset me the most, i`ve seen many bad nhs drs who wasted my time & private people for rt,lp,eft etc , The OHC? hands down the WORST. they made me feel terrible. 0/10

these people are corrupt amateurs,praying on your sickness & charging ludicrous amount of money.
joshkz
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum joshkz. I'm sorry to hear that your experiences with the clinic and its associated people were unhelpful. As you can see, this topic was started at the very beginning of this year, and there haven't been any follow~up posts from those who said they were going to have their first free "session".

Altho mentions of the Lightning Process occur now and again, this is the first time since October that this topic has reappeared. Were you searching for something and came across it by chance and thought that knowing of your experiences might be of help to anyone who is considering attending the clinic, or were you intentionally looking for references to it???

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to General Topics