research volunteers

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

research volunteers

Postby Looby Lou » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Does anyone know of any research that is going on for FM as I would gladly volunteer in order to get this rotten illness more widely known AND understood! i have seen one advertise in the google ads on this site but it is in USA - they seem so much more advanced in their interest and attitude to FM.
Hope everyone is pacing themselves and coping the best they can. lots of gentle hugs. looby
Looby Lou
UKFM Member

research

Postby cat123 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 am

hi loob,thats why im going to talk to students,its needs massive exposure.all i did was ask dr at hospital if it was possible,dr said it is possable,i will talk to rumy dr at lunch time,which he did,and told me to put letter in to hospital,he even said you could talk to drs never mind the students.so this is one of the ways we can do something.Ok its going to take some bottle,but i will do it,could you?this dr i asked was doing my acupuncure,but he was mega interested.if just 1 student takes it as a subject , to study,it will be worth it for the future.thats why raiseing awareness is vital ,for us all....gentle hugs,.....cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Looby Lou » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks Cat, i will hear how you get on - do you have a date yet? looby x
Looby Lou
UKFM Member

fibro body maps

Postby cat123 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:57 am

hi loob no,not got a date yet,i think it has to go though red tape first,my niece whos a med secatary,thinks i will have to wait a while,but thats better for me.Its gives me more time to prepare,how to presant fibro to students.the one thing i havent been sent yet is a body map from a man,I know its mostly women who get fibro,but will need to show it from a mans point of view.As soon as i here from the hospital i will let you all know.thanks again to all of you for helping.take care......cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Looby Lou » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:39 pm

When I was talking about research I actually mean about being a guinea pig rather than trying to educate medical students etc which is Cat's brilliant aim. Has anyone heard of anything like that?
Looby Lou
UKFM Member

research

Postby cat123 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:01 pm

hi loob ,i am going to be what you call a practice patient,this is the nearest we can get to being a guinea pig!studants have to study acute pain,which is where i come in with fibro,they can chose any subject they want,but with me talking about the condistion ,fingers crossed they will choose fibro to study.linda, whos allready done what im about to do ,has been in touch with students, who have chosen to study it.Which is fantastic,and good news for all,and our children.
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Looby Lou » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Thanks cat, that's even better than what I thought, I thought you were giving a talk in front of a room full of students but if you're actually physically using yourself as a reference to the pain that is brilliant. Well done you!!! Love looby x
Looby Lou
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi Cat

You are extremely brave to let students 'poke you'. When I saw a Rheumy to be diagnosed the pain from being poked lasted a week after.

Helen x
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics