[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I've lost a furry friend :(

I've lost a furry friend :(

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I've lost a furry friend :(

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:44 am

Hi All, :needhug: I'm just having a sad moment tonight. I had to have my oldest cat put to sleep. It wasn't expected and very sad. She was beautiful and very loyal. She was a lovely reddish/ginger and we called her Ruby. We knew her from the day she was born. We got her off a local farm but actually went to pick up her sister, but Ruby wouldn't let her leave unless she came too so we ended up with two cats. Well, her sister was killed at 11months old on the road :( but Ruby carried on. Wherever we moved to she stuck with us. She went missing a couple of years ago now. She disappeared in the July on a warm sunny day (we had some then!) I wouldn't believe she was dead like everyone told me she would be. On the following new year's eve she came home! She wandered up the car park mewing very loudly! It appears she accidently went to either Bristol or Plymouth and found her way back! I was so humbled by the fact that a little creature loved me so much as to come looking for me :-D .

Needles to say we treated her like a queen until today. Over the last month she had lost condition, wasn't grooming very well, and had a funny smell. Well, today we gave her some ham, her favourite, and to our utter dismay couldn't eat it. We wrapped her up in a towel and had a look in her mouth, and there was her problem. I won't describe it as it was too upsetting but needless to say it shocked me so much that I phoned the vet immediately and had her put to sleep :( :( :( She had a happy life and I'm glad she spent the last of it with us, we loved her to pieces, and at least we know what's happened to her. We put her somewhere lovely that she'd like and she'll have primroses on her. But I miss her so much already. She's the only all ginger cat we've had and she was beautiful. But now she's not in any pain and isn't suffering any more. I know I did the right thing, but right now that gap is so big. :( xxx :cat2:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Re: I've lost a furry friend :(

Postby shelleydwales » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 am

Aw no cherry,
What an awfull day you have had,i have a ginger cat who is 17, I know what I would be like in your position.
Sending hugs and love your way
Shell xxx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby Lunar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 am

:hugs: :cat2: :hugs: Yes, you did do the right thing and that takes great bravery. I love the sound of the flowers :-)
I feel for you big time. We have no cats now, our last passed away a year ago but I still miss him, and his sister who passed much younger, every day.
We have an adorable black lab, he'll be 12 in the spring, and I'm gratefull for every minute we have him. He's allergic to cat fleas but couldn't get any more pets due to finances more than anything. I hope the pain of loss is soon eased by the memories.
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open:)
Lunar
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:06 am

:hugs:
Ruby isn't in any pain or distress anymore, you did the right thing. She had a peaceful end, with her loved ones. Better than leaving her to just get more ill. It's always sad though when you lose a pet. I love how you got her - that's so sweet. Cat's do choose their humans. I always say you just can't own a Cat. We had kittens once and the last two went together as they were inseperable. It was sad because one of them we planned to keep but we just couldn't split them. They used to sleep in the fruit bowl together.

My cat Ebony is 17 now and has arthritis, when we first noticed something was wrong I felt like I'd been stabbed in the heart. Cats are special creatures. She too went missing (when we moved to this house 5 years ago) but came back in the end, sending Dad to A+E in the process (she bit through his thumbnail when he tried to pick her up to bring her back indoors. Food did it in the end). Now I'm all old lady like with Fibro I always joke that we've aged together. I've had her since I was 7.

We had two ginger moggies who were both killed on the road. The first was called Mouser (my Dad gives cats rubbish names), he was massive and used to share my Moses basket with me. When I was in it he would sleep by my side. The other was called TC (Tom Cat) and he died a few months after we got Ebony. I still miss TC and my Dad misses Mouser a lot. Apparently my parents got Mouser one winter, they had just started dating and worked in a hotel together. They were staying in a pokey 1 bed flat with no central heating. Mouser just appeared one day and moved right in. He used to crawl under the duvet at night and sleep between them :-)

Cats are very special, you'll never lose the memories of her.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 am

:hugs: :grouphug: I'm so sorry. It's hard when an animal is put to sleep.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:08 am

Run free at Rainbow Bridge Ruby cat, happy and healthy in the sun again :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby crystalkaz » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 am

Ruby loved you so much Cherry, especially when she made her long journey and decided to find you again.
It is one of the hardest lessons in life not to let go. All you did was the kindest, and returned your love to Ruby by ending her
suffering and being with her.

I have always had cats, I lost my lovely Amzi within 24 hrs of him playing with a fox cub, vet told us he caught a very nasty illness.
We rescued him as noone wanted him he had been thrown off a balcony and had a deformed leg, he brought so much joy to our lives
he was over 17 when we lost him. Then Fudge got run over, it took her months to get over her operations, but sadly we had to make
choice to put her out of her pain she was over 16 bless her. Thats all we can do Cherry, isnt it?

Wish I could find the poem "Over Rainbow Bridge" ........ Its all about our loved ones and our animals playing together, waiting to be reunited with us once again. It was so comforting to me when we lost Bobby our dog, then lost our little Mitzi baby bunny all in a space of a year!!!!!!
:hugs: :hugs:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lunar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Ooh, I've gone all goosebumpy! That's a lovely poem :-)
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open:)
Lunar
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Sorry to hear about Ruby, she will be running free and happy in rainbow bridge :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby hugster » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi Cherry :-)

I am really worry to hear of your loss :-(

Sending yiu a big hug ((((((Cherry))))))

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :-)

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Cherry so sorry to hear about Ruby :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:56 pm

hi cherry,
sorry to hear about your loss
used to have cats
each one was special and never forgotten

nice poem
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby garytees » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:57 pm

hiya cherry b :cry: soz to here about your cat i had the same thing happen to me last year to my little g pig so i know had sad you are at the mo anyway this is why its good the big fm family are here to understand and help us all cope with having fibromyaliga take care gaz
garytees
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:44 pm

hi cherry,so sorry to hear about ruby.i know its such a sad time but now she is at peace and running around with her sister in the sunshine where they stay young for ever. :hugs: take care,ef :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics