flipping neighbours

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

flipping neighbours

Postby Adele » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:13 am

just a rant really....

i have a neighbour 2 doors away who is being relocated soon. tonight i took my nervous dog, murphy, out the front to have a wee in the front garden. i was shocked to see an out of control bonfire next to a wooden fence in the front garden 2 doors down. as soon as my dog was out something exploded in the fire and the burning pieces just missed him. he is ok but too scared to go out.

i called 999 because of the risk to the fence and the explosion and the fire brigade came out. i have been feeling really scared in case he knew it was me. he is an alcoholic and invites his drinking friends over. they extinguished the fire but someone else called them out a few minutes ago, only 2 hours later, as the fire was raging again. i can't believe he was shouting abuse at the fire fighters.
i now feel too anxious to sleep. the bungalows are close together and wooden clad. And i actually live in a nice neighbourhood.

sweetdreams fellow fibromites xxx

we're ok, we both suffer from anxiety that's all.
Adele
UKFM Member

Re: flipping neighbours

Postby animalhouse » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:53 am

hope you managed to et some sleep adele and the little dog is ok.

its frigtening whe you have neighboutrs like that, our old ones use to party all night and were really scary and butch towards the kids when thye use to play out.

we lived in a new house at the time and they use to moan about the kids playing out, eating their chicken nuggets picnic i let them have in the garage taht faces on to aservice raod at the back and :yikes: :yikes: chalking on teh road.

gosh we use to hopscotch and allsotrts when i was a kid, but they did not want their prestine little neighbourhood being worn anywhere.

we also had to call cops out in the end but don;t know if that can be more scary as you say if they know its use.

anyway take care and keep your head down anyway trouble then just ring the cops and let them deal with it or get he council to move them on if you complain enough.
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:15 pm

did you manage to get any sleep in the end?

Your neighbour sounds so lovely - am glad he's being moved on soon. Can't believe the cheek of starting the fire up again though after the fire fighters left! And especially in a danger zone with a wooden fence, wooden clad properties etc :nono:

Hope Murphy is feeling ok.

Animal - we had neighbours like that once. They used to complain about me playing (quietly - no shrieks or screams) in the garden when I was little. They just saw me sat on the lawn, or up the tress. They used to criticise us constantly and said I shouldn't be allowed in the garden in the evenings - it was our garden, not theirs! And they used to park their truck badly in front of the house and it obstructed our drive so we couldn't drive out/drive in. We had constant battles about it with them.

They also hit our Cat when driving, luckily she only got a bang to the head. She was a kitten at the time, she's now 17, incredibly odd and doesn't follow normal cat beahviour, but aside from that she's ok. But if they hadn't kept parking over our driveway they'd never have come into contact with her :twisted: We got our own back though - as soon as their baby was born we just started to complain about the noise back at them. It's the only language some people understand.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Nasty neighbours :nono: hope Murphy is ok.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:50 pm

thanks everyone. murphy was scared last night and was a dead weight on my bed until morning. i got up a few times to make sure he hadn't relit it. i wish the firemen had called the police beacause of the abuse he was throwing at them. if people like him aren't arrested and made to spend a night in the cells they don't learn. he was drunk and disorderly at least. i can't wait till he moves and a disabled or elderly person gets the bungalow. i think it'll need a deep clean first though! :yikes:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Well done on calling 999 Adele. THat neighbour sounds like an obnoxious ....
Hope that you and Murphy are ok, Adele.

Animal we had some right neighbours when I was a kid, we had everything from eggs in our letter box to trip wire on our gate. They are not nice people. I think the police are just overwhelmed with complaints. More People should have ASBO's put on them.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:56 pm

i have sent murph to my friend's until tomorrow night. there is steam/ smoke rising from no.7's garden again. snow is settling so hopefully it won't light again. if it does i'll call the police for advice. i have to balance the risk any fire poses v a fire engine on ungritted hilly roads. i am ok though thanks. :blowkiss:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Let's hope the snow scuppers his plans! :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy:

It's a good idea to let Murphy have a sleepover with your friend, at least if there is another fire and explosion he won't get scared now. definitely call the police if it starts again though - let them judge if it's worth sending a fire engine. They might send some policeman over to the property to see if that'll stop him.

And please send me some snow, I think I'm in the only part of England without any. Apparently Lincolnshire woke up with loads. Not my village though!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:16 pm

gritting my driveway has put me into a bad flare. snow is beautiful and i loved it when i was still allowed to drive. high gear low speed that's all you need to cope with a few inches. my wheelchair won't get me anywhere so it's not fun. please take it. xxx
Adele
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics