[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - we got snow!!!!

we got snow!!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

we got snow!!!!

Postby animalhouse » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:21 pm

snowing here in derbyshire, settling and covering everywher.

oh has had to go out and do kid taxi but i am staying up wrapped up in dressing gown adn blanket.

still coming down so i love the snow but really makes me nervous for anyonone having to go out.

watcheed snow patrol on roads in uk the other night and the snow plough got stuck up a hill in scotland :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

i love watching ice road truckers where they go along in -40 in the jogging bottoms and tops. we just don;t know how to handle the cold here do we.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: we got snow!!!!

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:00 pm

yay! still no snow in my part of Lincolnshire but I'm hoping for some tonight - it's certainly cold here. Just hope it's not too cold to snow and we get some. I always seem to miss snow whenever it happens - I want in this year!

Let's hope it spreads a bit east and south of derbyshire now :mrgreen: I don't think I've got it in me to do a snow dance :lol:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

we got snow!!!!

Postby bexfitz » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:42 pm

We has a smattering here in Somerset, but now I'm sad cos it's raining. Hoping we might get some more snow overnight So I can break open the hot choc and marshmallows tomorrow!!!!
bexfitz
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 pm

We have a covering and its still coming down, so glad we dont have to go out in it.

We all knew it was on its way, heard on the news that some flights have already been canceled :shock: there will also be delays on trains and roads Other countries can carry on as normal but the UK comes to a standstill :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 pm

hi people. the forecast was eventually right and we have about an inch here. when people come to see me they complain about the weather. i go out about once a month at the moment in a car so i had no idea how cold it is.

i went out in my pjs with my rollator to make a path through the snow with rock salt on my drive and ramp to my front door. both are steep and if i didn't do it i'll be housebound. i must have looked a fool with my cooking jug! i now have an incredibly stiff and painful shoulder and have slept for 3 hours to recover from the exercise.

it's not like i'm going anywhere in my wheelchair in this weather anyway so i didn't think it through very well. i suppose it's kind to do it for visitors though.

i live in an area called the 5 valleys. we do hills big time. i live quite near where they do the cheese rolling. if it snows the police have to close most of the roads even in town and buses can't make it to where i live which is suburbia not a village.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:45 pm

It needs to be done unfortuantely just in case, you dont want anyone falling. My daughters have been out deicing my drive, we havent any snow but the rain is freezing as it hits the floor very bizarre and cold :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:08 pm

i need to get my housing association to put a hand rail on the drive. it doesn't look steep but it feels like everest. i am meant to be walking about 10 metres down the road with my rollator for my physio but it runs off down the drive. i have done about 2 days of physio since leaving hospital 3 months ago because i've been ill. :oops:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Get onto them Monday I use the fence between me and next door but have 2 handles by the front door which help :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sweetleaf2 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:38 pm

We have about 4" of snow,its still coming down thickly, and the main road is absolutely static, OH has been out asking the poor drivers if they need to use our bathroom, they have not moved more than a few feet in the last hour. We live in the south of Birmingham. One of the drivers is on his way to Solihull (about three and a half miles from here) he has been in the car for a couple of hours already and has only done a third of his journey so far. :roll:
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Hi All. Well, we have snow in Sussex! I am just a couple of miles north of Eastbourne at my mum's and it is snowing heavily! Not good really as we are almost 200 miles away from home in Somerset, but I expect it will be gone by the time we need to go home - I hope so anyway! Take care everyone. Cherry :snowhappy: :snowman1:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi all Snow has eventually reached me in Medway. :snowman1: :snowhappy: I was watching for it as I sat on my sofa reading. (Sad I know, but I don't have much else to do right now.) I'm cuddled under a duvet watching it, and will put the light out to watch it I think.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby garytees » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 pm

:yikes: SPIKY LATE NIGHT GAZ HERE IN BIRMINGHAM :snowhappy: :snowing1: :snowhappy: ITS EVERYWHERE AND I CANT GET A TV SIGNAL AND SO MUCH SNOW ON MY SKY DISH MY MATCH OF THE DAY :swear1: HAS GONE FOR THE NIGHT AS THE WHITE STUFF IS COMING OUT THE SKY MORE NOW AND HAS BEEN COMING DOWN SINCE MID DAY! :shock: ENJOY X
garytees
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi spikey gaz, please stop SHOUTING typing in capitals is seen as bad netiquette :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:50 pm

We've got a couple of inches of snow here, much to Daft Dog's pleasure :dogrun1: She just bounces round in it like a giant poopie :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:51 pm

hi all ,none in south settled it rained aswell .lol .sorry dont want it was born ,bred in cumbria and it used reach my knees .then i got chilblains :cry: now have raynauds beside other probs .flups hope you are ok ish pictured your dog and chucks in snow .brought happy memories back of bruno ,lucy playing in it .and akita we had loved it he use grab mouthfuls and throw it at us .infact one year borrowed oh wellies (had none )set off out in garden with akita he literally lifted me out of wellies dragged me all round garden nothing on my feet . :lol: everybody was :lol: :lol: at the sight of us .another time i lived up my name .lol
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics