just having a quick moan

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

just having a quick moan

Postby claire edwards » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi everyone,
been to the rheumatologist this morning, had the usual= urine/bloods taken,
examination, starting from the beginning yet again, even though they had all this a year ago...my partner went in with me because i never remember things with the fog and explained how bad i have been just lately memory wise etc, the expert then suggested that i go to my GP as this has nothing at all to do with fibro, therefore no fibro fog... once he said that i gave up and let him get on with it as he was talking complete gibberish...

He has put me on Lyrica so im a little worried about the effects of that but will add it to the list of other meds and see how it goes...i also had a steroid injection in the thigh... he said that if that works i should go and see him again, if not, i have got fibro??? although i was diagnosed with that and fms a year ago after suffering for years and years and years!!

I feel a little let down im afraid, if nothing else, i had to get up to be there for 10.15am and i dont have mornings as a rule, it makes me so angry and i feel at the end of my tether, i have a splitting headache but havent got the energy to cry.

Im gonna go for now and sleep i hope.
Hope everyone forgives me for the moaning, be better again tomorrow.
take care all
claire

:x :x
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby suep » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:06 am

Hi Clare,
Ive been seeing a Rheumi for years and always come away feeling let down. Mine just nods and smiles, presses a couple of tender points really hard and makes me scream and then just says yes you have Fibromyalgia ! I was dx almost 12 years ago so I know that ! I usually take a list of things that are wrong with me, but I tend to stick to the pain side of things with him as thats all they can help you with. Anything other problems I save for my GP.
Really I think it's a waste of time seeing them once your dx. Theres nothing they can do to help unless the steriod jabs work for you, they dont for me. A couple of times mines sent me for hydrotherapy courses or even when Ive been really struggling Ive had a couple of weeks on the Rheumi ward for intensive physio ( lots of exercise) which helps a bit but once Im home and go back to my usual routine of trying to keep up with the housework and shopping the pain comes back twice as bad. But thats why Ive kept seeing mine as he does try and help sometimes. I have a feeling he's going to sign me off soon though as Ive tried everything he has to offer and nothings helped.
Your Rheumi obviously knows very little about Fibro. You could send him some info on it before your next app and ask him o read it, but you'll probably get more help on this site than from him.
sue x
suep
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi Sue
thanks for message, yep i know i know more about fibro that he does, there would be no point sending him a leaflet as they were the first to give me one, although, it might make a point?
I have also had hydrotherapy etc so there is no point seeing him, i had steroid injection on thursday and nothing yet, but im not doing too bad on the lyrica, so fingers crossed.
i really re-referred as i thought it would be useful for dla purposes but now i know that he would make things worse.
anyway, take care
claire.

:?
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics