[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - face and neck pain driving me insane!!!!!!!

face and neck pain driving me insane!!!!!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

can anyone help???????

sore face throat,neck hand shaking
100%
help!!!!!
No votes

Total votes : 3

face and neck pain driving me insane!!!!!!!

Postby jackie mum » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 pm

:( hi there does'nt look like anyone talking recently, been ent clinic on monday he put camera up my nose and down my throat,found nothing he gave me spray and anti reflux tabs for heartburn.

still no one can explain why all this swelling in my face and neck its very painfull to. my muscles are contracting loads on the left side of my face, and my neck muscles are tighting around my throat!!!!!!

help does anyone get these symtoms, oh and also my left hand has begun to shake, it scary cause it's new and also the above, have had fm and m.e for 6years, but these are new, can anyone help out there???????

thanku
jackie
xoxo
hi im jackie married mum of 1 with m.e and fibromyalgia,34 years old,loving this site.
jackie mum
UKFM Newbie

Re: last post

Postby jackie mum » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:23 pm

[
i think i started a poll i didnt mean to just ignore, but don't ignore my blog, would love a lot of you to answer, my mind just wondering at the moment. driving myself crazy.

lol jackie
xo
hi im jackie married mum of 1 with m.e and fibromyalgia,34 years old,loving this site.
jackie mum
UKFM Newbie

Postby velvet » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:37 pm

uh i dont know if this will help but here goes. before diagnosed and before i even thought there was a problem (years of odd complaints at the docs but hadnt linked them) i was working. i had mumps like symptoms swollen face both sides, one side went down the other kept going up. got severe pain and swelling was so bad my eye started to disappear. was admitted to hospital suspected mumps with bacterial infection on top. following day face so swollen eye totally disappeared (other side normal, i so regret not taking a picture but was too ill) 1st blood results back, it wasnt mumps and although blood wasnt normal it wasnt showing acuter infection either. lots more tests, nothing. discharged from hospital, large purple lump comes up free discharging pus (very not funny) blood tests negative, so biopsy done. not cancer (well i had worked that out for myself) no infective organisms. surgical removal and lab test of lump. nothing. one doc says they couldnt find anything cause the antibiotics had killed it, i asked how it arrived in the first place as was on anti biotics from swollen face bit which tested not infective process too. doc shuts up. another doc tells me off record (at this point although face normal i am basically in full FM, apparently not recovering from original problem, pain stiffness tiredness confusion so i am being investigated by every department in the hospital as an out patient so it seems)that he thinks the whole thing is an auto immune attack, but that it wont be put on record as it cant be proven. i am then sent to a rheumatogist who diagnoses fibro.

the auto immune attack is the only thing that makes sense to me especailly as there is some discussion of fibro itself being linked to auto immune problems.

dont think this will help as it was really what "caused" my fibro (at least the worsening of it to noticable levels). if it does sound helpful tell your doc, if they need to the various docs can confer.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby jackie mum » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:59 pm

:D thankyou velevt, could'nt beleive it was you who posted back was just at your new chatroom,have had my password delivered while reading your reply.

When i began with fibro and m.e. symtoms, i actually woke up one morning twitching, it was that bad i feel of my bed, they were really violent at first, then began with drunk like feelings and blurred vision and slowed speech,then was the pain in my arms and legs,and not being able to clinch a fist, dropping things.

As the time has moved on my symtoms from above have worsened,prob due to length of condition.

I have read up on fm a bit and i to have read it is an autoimune system problem, i know cause i seem to catch everything going, i sometimes feel like telling my family please don't come round you are ill or they are just finishing an illness, as i know i will have it in a day or 2.

The thing that really bothers me is that i have never had these symtoms before, i do know that i am a lot worse, its just the new things, i am really thinking there is something else, also i have a lot of eyeball ache and the backs of my eyes.

I am going to opticians tomorrow at 11am, so then i can rule that out, then i making an appointment at my dentist to rule that out, if there is no real answers then im going back to my doc with a list of all my symtoms, (which i have never given him before,i changed a few months ago) hopfully he can do more tests.

I did have my bloods done something came up about my boobs not producing something, the nurse said it may have been my cycle at that time, i also came up borderline lupus, so i don't no if he going to do the test again.

Thankyou for replying, i have had a lot to say again sorry for going on but it helps to get it out.

I hope i get answers soon, is it something else or is it my fibro that's doing it all.

lol
jackie
xo
jackie mum
UKFM Newbie

Postby aster » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:51 am

Its not as bad as it looks, as tomorrow is another day
aster
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics