Any Christians with FMS out there?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Any Christians with FMS out there?

Postby diamondintherough » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:49 am

Hey,
I just wondered if there were any other Christians suffering from FMS out there as would be nice to share tips on how your faith can help with coming to terms/dealing with the illness.
diamondintherough
UKFM Member

Re: Any Christians with FMS out there?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 am

You had duplicated your post, so I have removed one to save confusion with duplicated replies :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:05 pm

hi
put a similar question some time ago
there are some Christians on the forum
also from other faith

my particlar inerest then was
well the conflict about
prayer for healing versus unanswered prayer
or is the answer "not yet"

do I cope " better" because of my faith?
God made me body soul and spirit
on the other side
my soul and my spirit live in my bodily vessel
the old "one in three, three in one" question

I might differenciate between my "parts" different because of my faith
a controversal approach is
not to "claim" FMS or any other conditions etc as "mine"
I refuse to be identify as "fibromite"
the "fibro" in my user name is there because it is this forum

FMS can be seen as a curse or a gift or non of them
depending on the point of view
ie
knowing that the weather is changing or being
sensitive to smell, light, noise etc everything concerning senses etc
also sharpens the senses for other people's moods and could mean "discerning spirits", sensing dangerous sitiations etc
it is two sides of a coin
a) having to deal with all that pain, stigma, fatigue etc and
b) knowing what is going on in a room I am just entering or a person I am just meeting (and that stigma)

depending to whom I say this I might be
a) locked up in a psychiatric ward or
b) ridiculed
c) taken serious with or without a pinch of salt
d) taken serious if it suits the listening person
e) sure there is more but think you get the picture

where do you stand if I may ask?
all the best and God's blessings
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby diamondintherough » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:17 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:You had duplicated your post, so I have removed one to save confusion with duplicated replies :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Sorry i didnt realise, thanks for sorting it out tho x
diamondintherough
UKFM Member

Postby diamondintherough » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:22 am

fibro-lu wrote:hi
put a similar question some time ago
there are some Christians on the forum
also from other faith

my particlar inerest then was
well the conflict about
prayer for healing versus unanswered prayer
or is the answer "not yet"

do I cope " better" because of my faith?
God made me body soul and spirit
on the other side
my soul and my spirit live in my bodily vessel
the old "one in three, three in one" question

I might differenciate between my "parts" different because of my faith
a controversal approach is
not to "claim" FMS or any other conditions etc as "mine"
I refuse to be identify as "fibromite"
the "fibro" in my user name is there because it is this forum

FMS can be seen as a curse or a gift or non of them
depending on the point of view
ie
knowing that the weather is changing or being
sensitive to smell, light, noise etc everything concerning senses etc
also sharpens the senses for other people's moods and could mean "discerning spirits", sensing dangerous sitiations etc
it is two sides of a coin
a) having to deal with all that pain, stigma, fatigue etc and
b) knowing what is going on in a room I am just entering or a person I am just meeting (and that stigma)

depending to whom I say this I might be
a) locked up in a psychiatric ward or
b) ridiculed
c) taken serious with or without a pinch of salt
d) taken serious if it suits the listening person
e) sure there is more but think you get the picture

where do you stand if I may ask?
all the best and God's blessings
Lu

Hello,
In answer to your question im not sure whether i 'cope better because of my faith'...oddly enough i feel astho im more inclined to put pressure on myself or feel under pressure to keep optimistic and hopeful of being healed.
What i would say though is that im open to how God can use my illness to bring glory to him and reach out to others. For example I now have become a lot more empathetic whereas in the past I have been really harsh on ppl.
diamondintherough
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:16 am

I grew up i a conservative Christian household and well despite the fact that I left Christianity to become Jewish the one thing being ill has taught me is submission - Not my will but thy will. Before I got ill I was very Goal orientated, I knew what I wanted and I went out to get it. My prayers were characterized by this as much as my personal and business life. Now I spend more time devoted to going where Adonai wishes me to be and worrying less about achieving that which I had on my goals list.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby diamondintherough » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:26 am

I totally get what you mean rose (hope you dont mind me calling you that). I used to be really target driven and still am a bit and put my confidence in my job. Then when i lost my job due to illness i lost my confidence. I am now trying to put my confidence in God coz he never changes, unlike the ups and downs of FMS lol.
diamondintherough
UKFM Member

Postby cham » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 am

Delighted to hear there are other Christians out there. At the moment that is enough in itself but as and when I will certainly be joining in your conversations.
Love and blessings,Cham
cham
UKFM Newbie

Postby penfriend » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:24 pm

I am so pleased to see there are some Christians on this Forum, but so very sorry, that they are suffering too. Although we have such Joy in knowing the Lord Jesus, we are also called to suffer the same illnesses as non-christians, for we live in a fallen world. I have had M.E. and Fibromyalgia for years, far too many to count. have recently read that it is very likely we are magnesium deficient too, so am looking into the possibility of taking Magnesium Malate with malic acid, which seems to have helped many with coping such burning, stabbing, and nerve-type pain. My main bodily pain is much like deep sciatica - anyone else experience this? it is also very disabling. For the burning sensation of the skin, I have found aloe vera gel to be most helpful and cooling. It needs to be repeated often though. it is good to be able to share some thoughts and helpful suggestions here. Thank you. sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby diamondintherough » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:35 am

hi penfriend and cham welcome to the thread. It's nice to meet other Christians with FMS to share how our faith helps us to cope.

Do you guys pray for healing? Even though I know theres no cure for FMS i pray God will give Drs wisdom and that God will take away all this pain, and I really do believe I am going to get healed someday. I know I may sound deranged coz theirs no cure but God healing me is all the hope iv got atm.
diamondintherough
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 pm

diamondintherough wrote:Do you guys pray for healing? Even though I know theres no cure for FMS i pray God will give Drs wisdom and that God will take away all this pain, and I really do believe I am going to get healed someday. I know I may sound deranged.....

You don't sound deranged, or at least any more deranged than the rest of us :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: We all need that something to keep us going with this condition, from my hope that science will learn enough about FM to come up with more effective meds/treatment for us, thru to your belief that you will be healed someday. So long as it helps keep that little bit of positivity glowing away inside us, then hopefully we we're all hoping/dreaming of and praying for has a chance of happening one day :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 pm

diamondintherough wrote:hi penfriend and cham welcome to the thread. It's nice to meet other Christians with FMS to share how our faith helps us to cope.

Do you guys pray for healing? Even though I know theres no cure for FMS i pray God will give Drs wisdom and that God will take away all this pain, and I really do believe I am going to get healed someday. I know I may sound deranged coz theirs no cure but God healing me is all the hope iv got atm.

That's not deranged to me. I too believe the Hashem can heal. My prayers are that if it be His will that he will heal me, but if he can use me more as I am that He will give me the grace to be able to bear it. Somehow even at my lowest (times that I've really not wanted to carry on living) He has kept me and given me that grace.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby pamb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:31 pm

yes, I am a Christian with fibromyalgia. I was prophesied over a few months ago before I was diagnosed that God was going to heal my "unexplained pains", so I believe that God will heal me in His own time. I am happy to continue in His grace until then.
pamb
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:07 pm

anyone been to Spring Harvest this year?
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:19 pm

I consider myself a Christian even though church no longer plays a large part of my life but I still believe in God and try to live my life by treating others as I would like to be treated
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to General Topics