Any Christians with FMS out there?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Any Christians with FMS out there?

Postby Bilko » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi fibro-lu,

Thanks for posting the prayer, I haven't heard it for a while, but it has just given me a lift after a long hard week at work. God works in mysterious ways and he meant you to post it. (Well at least to encourage me) Thanks again.........

God Bless You

Bilko
Bilko
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:04 pm

hi Bilko,

thank you for your encouragent

you might like that one too

John 14:27 NIV: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you ...
New International Version (© 2011) Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do ...

biblehub.com/niv/john/14-27.htm

http://biblehub.com/niv/john/14-27.htm

God bless you too
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby helen virgo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:28 pm

I often find that hymns speak to me and encourage me as a Christian in the struggles we face. While reading your post this hymn came to mind:-
I know who holds the future and he'll guide me with his hands, with God things don't just happen, everything by him is planned, so as I face tomorrow with its problems large and small, I'll trust the God of miracles, give to him my all.
Thinking of you xx
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:46 pm

thank you for that

the verse you shared says it all

do you know the songs by Matt Redman: "You Never Let Go" or "10.000 Reasons"
he is a good singer/song writer

or "YOUR Love never fails" by Jesus Culture ... there may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning ...

(you can listen to them on youtube)

http://biblehub.com/nlt/psalms/23.htm

◄ Psalm 23 ►

New Living Translation
A psalm of David.

1The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
2HE lets me rest in green meadows; HE leads me beside peaceful streams.
3HE renews my strength. HE guides me along right paths, bringing honor to HIS name.

4Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for YOU are close beside me. YOUR rod and YOUR staff protect and comfort me.
5YOU prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. YOU honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
6Surely YOUR goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 am

:scream-1: bipolar is giving me a hard time :scream-1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fYgSiBaUEk

Robin Mark: OH OUTRAGEOUS GRACE

There's a lot of pain but a lot more healing, There's a lot of trouble but a lot more peace
There's a lot of hate but a lot more loving, There's a lot of sin but a lot more grace

Oh outrageous grace oh outrageous grace, Love unfurled by heaven's hand
Oh outrageous grace oh outrageous grace, Through my Jesus i can stand

There's a lot of fear but a lot more freedom, There's a lot of darkness but a lot more light
There's a lot of cloud but a lot more vision, There's a lot of perishing but a lot more life

There's an enemy, That seeks to kill what it can't control, It twists and turns, Making mountains out of molehills
But i will call on my Lord, Who is worthy of praise, I run to Him and i am saved
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:09 am

oh what a beatiful morning, oh what a beautiful day ...
wishing you all a wonderful day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMnMN08sv4k

Yours in Christ
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:03 pm

And wishing you the same Lu :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Send you the same wish as well Lu :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby karenc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:14 am

Hi!
I am so thankful that I have found these posts!

I am a Christian. I know that God will completely heal in His timing. For me, I believe that it is happening. About two years ago I had three people pray with me. One heard God tell her she had to pray with me. From what others have told me I was crying, screaming and shaking and was told that what ever came off me was big. Since that day I am off the majority of meds, I no longer use crutches, I am 100% better than I was. I even work 12 hrs a week now after having lost two jobs over the years. I am a work in progress!
Praise The Lord. Trust in our Father and take all our worries and concerns to Him. Take time to rest in and with Him.
One song that always speaks to me is

I will rise when He calls my name, no more sorrow, no more pain, I will rise.

God bless x
karenc
UKFM Member

Postby karenc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:52 am

whoami wrote:Pinky....I totally respect your honesty. I also respect your question.

Certainly sounds like you are questioning some of the same things that my friends and I discuss. We have discussed everything from the scientific studies on life, Gods creations and also what possibly is before God. Where did the universe come from and the conception of God. Why are so many killed through religion, because it was what God wanted.
These questions will be and have been around for thousands of years. They will be, until God comes to us in flesh or to be proven otherwise.
I guess we all have to find peace with our thoughts. Peace, no matter if we choose Christianity, and a Christian God or we choose another form of God to worship. We can't judge people by their choice.
I believe in God. I am just not sure yet what that God means, what/who it is. I was raised Christian, those beliefs are with me daily. I am at a sort of crossroads right now. I have questions that only I can find the answers for.

Whoami

The are Alpha course which explore the type of questions you and your friends have. There is no pressure and no right or wrong answers. It is simply to help people decide for themselves what they believe by exploring and answering your questions.

x
karenc
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi fibro Lou

10,000 reasons I love that hymn. I sometimes get hymns come to me which when I think actually give me answers to things going on around me. Last week was a tough week and " In Christ Alone " just came to me. I text our whorship team and it was on the agenda for the Sunday service it really lifted me .I wonder how non Christians get through the fibro web without Gods help. We may not be miraculously cured as many expect us to be but we do have an inner faith and support helping us daily. I like to think that I can use my experience to help other's as well.
Goodnight and Godbless you all
Di :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:32 pm

diane1 wrote:I wonder how non Christians get through the fibro web without Gods help.

Somewhere in each of us is that "something" that, no matter how bad things may be or become, keeps us pushing on and on and on. What this "something" is will be different for each of us, stubbornness/sheer blubbymindness for some, faith and divine help for those who follow religious teachings and beliefs, fairy_dust fairy_dust in my case, and a whole host of other names and descriptions that, when we connect with it, help and guide us thru the web/maze/randomness that is constantly trying to thwart us.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby IAmParadiseSeekerJW » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:33 am

Hi :) I'm Christian, one of Jehovah's Witnesses actually...:)
I get a lot of comfort from reading God's word and have a few scriptures i'd like to share that gave me a lot of comfort and still do when i'm going through hard times:

Psalms 55:22

Throw your burden on Jehovah,
And he will sustain you.
Never will he allow the righteous one to fall.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16 Therefore, we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day. 17 For though the tribulation is momentary and light, it works out for us a glory that is of more and more surpassing greatness and is everlasting; 18 while we keep our eyes, not on the things seen, but on the things unseen. For the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting.

James 1:2-6

Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you meet with various trials, 3 knowing as you do that this tested quality of your faith produces endurance. 4 But let endurance complete its work, so that you may be complete and sound in all respects, not lacking in anything. 5 So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him. 6 But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about

1 Peter 5:7

while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

Revelation 21:3,4

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Hope these scriptures bring some comfort to you all as they have me.
IAmParadiseSeekerJW
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to General Topics