Blue Badge

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blue Badge

Postby 2steps » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Have just received application form for blue badge, any tips on filling it in?

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Re: Blue Badge

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Sorry i have not seen their new forms. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:29 pm

I've recently sent off mine. I'm not holding out much luck.
I used the aged advice of "apply like it's your worse day....but be honest as possible" a bit contradictory.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Sorry like shaz I havent seen the new forms I got mine using the old one but :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Fibroduck Foundation » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:13 am

Mine was renewed in Jan this year using the new forms.

If you are on dla already then the form is fairly easy to fill in, you will need to send proof of your award, a photo and the fee but you won't have to fill out half of the form and there's no medical.

If you are not on dla then you need to use the same care as you would use to fill in a dwp form, going into great details about your condition. If I remember rightly the form is about 17 pages long in total. It asks as much info as the dla form :roll:

I would say just be honest about how your mobility is affected, don't forget how bad the bad days really are.

If you're not on DLA then a medical is highly likely now. So do get help to fill out the form if it's not something you feel confident to tackle alone. Write notes in a diary everytime you remember something that may help your application, you'd be suprised at the length of your list after a week of note jotting.

All badges must now be collected in person by the badge holder without exception, although my local council did offer to hand deliver it to me at home. It's a final security check to make sure it goes to the right person.

Hope this helps a little
The Fibroduck Foundation is dedicated to fundraising for Fibromyalgia research.
http://www.fibroduckfoundation.com/
Fibroduck Foundation
UKFM Member

Postby retep » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:56 pm

My blue badge is due for renewal in August, the one i've got I did'nt have any forms to fill in, I just applied and they told me I had to see my GP which I did, and then they sent me a badge, i'm not registered disabled so I doubt if they will renew it for me, all I can do it try and see what happens, do you have to go for a medical?
retep
UKFM Member

Postby 2steps » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Don't know!
Looks like if they're not sure you might have to.
2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Postby retep » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Don't understand your answer 2steps, not sure about what?

2steps wrote:Don't know!
Looks like if they're not sure you might have to.
2steps
retep
UKFM Member

Postby 2steps » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Whether a medical is required.

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Postby PoppyPenny » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:10 am

The form I had for my blue badge was very short and they only wanted brief details of my problems with mobility, the name and address of my GP and 2 photos and a PO for £2 for administration. The form certainly wasn't 17 pages long but a folded A4. My badge arrived 4 weeks later :-)

Maggie
PoppyPenny
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:49 pm

I think the new form and changes are due to start in April 2012 so you just got in in time poppypenny :-D
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Radar8407 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Are the blue badges worth applying for? I can't walk the length of myself and not be in a lot of pain. I have crutches, they give me a bit of independence but I am still so sore with it all.
When your life feels lost. Fight against all odds! Never give in. Never back down!
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:29 pm

I would be lost without my Blue badge Radar.

Do you get DLA?
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Radar8407 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I've phoned for a form. Someone told me to apply for it last month and I asked for a form. They told me they'd send it. I haven't had it yet so I phoned again today. I don't even know if I am entitled to any. I don't even know if Fibro is a disability! I was told ages ago my Raynaud's was a qualifying disability but I don't know how Fibro is classed. I have a medical because I am getting ESA and I'm terrified I will get cut off because I am scared they will say I am making it up and I'm not in any sort of fit state.
When your life feels lost. Fight against all odds! Never give in. Never back down!
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Fibro is a disability. Some councils will still issue a Blue badge without you being on DLA with a doctors or OT`s letter so its worth filling it in.

:goodluck1: with the ESA radar, we have lots of info in the works & benefits section with might be of help. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to General Topics