[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - pain clinic

pain clinic

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain clinic

Postby joanypops » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi everyone im writing this post cos im feeling really down and i would
like a bit of reassurance. Had my first appt at the pain clinic today and
it wasnt what i expected. the Dr i saw basically told me to double my
amytrip and said that he couldnt treat my pain until my depression
was under control or my mood had lifted. Im already seeing a psycologist
and this is a process i find difficult to cope with. Im sick of opening boxes
in my mind that i dont want to open again!!!!! So you see im sat there crying and the result is he concentrates on the depression instead of my fibro. I thought he might have asked about pain relief etc. never mind onwards and upwards as they say. ta for listening. :cry:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby lisa292003 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi Joanypops,

What an un helpfull doctor, the thing is as you cant treat one and not the other, and infact the more pain you are in the worse your depression will be. I have an oppointment in June not lookin forward if its gonna be like that.

Isnt it surposed to be a "Pain" clinic, I think should ask for another oppointment or anoter doctor!

Hope you get help hun,
Lisa x
lisa292003
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics