A day out in Cambridge - info please

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A day out in Cambridge - info please

Postby kate2962 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 pm

My sons (all young adults) want a 'family' day out and have chosen Cambridge what I want to know is how flat it is and are there plenty of benches or coffee shops I can rest and park myself from time to time as I want to go with them but know I wont be able to keep going all day and will have to live on pain killers. I am trying to encourage them to go punting etc so I can sit on the banks and watch. Family time to me is precious while they are all still at home and so I dont want to be a wet blanket.
kate2962
UKFM Newbie

Re: A day out in Cambridge - info please

Postby Ldyalb » Wed May 02, 2012 12:30 am

I haven't been to Cambridge in years but live reasonably close by. Tbh the entirety of the fens (Lincs, Norfolk, Cambs etc) is extremely flat, so chances are you should be ok on that front.

It's probably worth you contacting Cambridge's tourist centre before you go though. They can advise you on accessibility etc, they may also be able to give you details of places you could hire a mobility scooter etc from if you needed to.

If you look at any museums/attractions you want to visit's websites you may also find some good info about steps, accessibility etc to help you plan your activities as well :)
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: A day out in Cambridge - info please

Postby kate2962 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks I appreciate your reply xx
kate2962
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics