open university infromation please.

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

open university infromation please.

Postby animalhouse » Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 pm

i am still awaiting for details on my credit transfer stuff, rang them and i cant apply until that goes thourhg so explained i want to apply for disability assistance.

she said there will still be plenty of time. i wanting to do the open degree had 18 months of nursing studies before i had to pack in following car crash so will do more halth studies or psycology.

looked at information on site does it cover just equipment or is there any bursarys grants to live on. when did nursing we got a bursary.

think a computer or voice software will be helpful to save typing and wrist pain. what help as anyone else had and was the work ok.

thankks

am worried about my concentration levels at time or stringing a sentence together in an assigment.

i have mobility issues, wrist pains and of course mental health due to depression/anxiety.

thanks
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: open university infromation please.

Postby ouchisme » Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Evening animal

i have creds from Open University too and have thought about doing more courses. I have had a chat with them a little while ago and my understanding is that they actually approach different charities to help with furniture, learning aids etc to kinda top up the bursary that u will be able to give u.

My sticking point is the same as urs as my poor soggy brain has enough probs keeping me up right :lol: Also have more senior moments that a whole residential home :crazy:

I hope that u find a way of pursuing what u want to do and that we chat again soon

:blowkiss:
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

FMS

Postby sjc » Sun May 13, 2012 8:02 am

when you have any disability, you can apply for a disablity student allowance. Have you applied for it yet? Has the ou told you about this grant yet? It's really good. From the allowance you can get help with getting a mentor, software equipment, travel fees, computers in some cases, money towards ink cartridges, etc. You can also get help with getting extra time in exams. Take care. Xx
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: open university infromation please.

Postby animalhouse » Sun May 13, 2012 2:06 pm

thanks

cant apply for disability allowance until i have enrolled on a course and cant enrol until i get the results of my credit transfer application so waiting with baited breath.

very exited - but nervous. as don;t know what level i will have to start at until get my credits.

good luck anyone else - am hoping it will give me a purpose in life or a label instead of just disabled as this is first time in my life i have been "unemployed".

taek care.

:-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics