Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby suep » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:51 pm

Of course it doesnt help if you eat the whole packet in one sitting :D :D :D
sue
suep
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:10 pm

A diet would be fantastic...i am a chocoholic, i seriously cant help it and the weight is piling on.
I put it down to the meds as well as they have sugar in them?? I have made an effort over the last 2 weeks and lost 5 pounds last week so im well pleased.
All i have done is make sure i eat 3 meals a day, smaller portions, eat before 8pm, drink plenty of water etc...
if someone knows of a few hints and tips regarding the dieting or rather, eating better, then please let us know...
thanks all
take care
claire
xx
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby cinders » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Well done on losing the weight Claire. :D
I did go to the dietician about 2 years ago now and lost 3 stone. :) But put it all back on again :cry:
Her advice was to imagine your plate was halved. That half need to be filled up with vegetables but not potatoes as they are a carbohydrate.
Then the half that is left need to be halved again. Are you keeping up with me. LOL. :lol: Those two need to be filled up with protein preferably white meat and carbohydrate ie pasta,rice or potato.
Of course i know what to do to lose weight but finding it hard as i am craving sweet food and carbohydrates all the time. Almost like i am addicted to them. If i don't eat what my body craves i feel dizzy and can't think straight. Very odd really. So i give in just to feel ok.
Any ideas on healthy foods that would work in the same way would be really helpful. :)
Together we will beat this :lol: :D
cinders
UKFM Member

Postby cinders » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:54 pm

suep wrote:Of course it doesnt help if you eat the whole packet in one sitting :D :D :D
sue

Ahhhhhhh you know me so well already. I :lol: have bought my packet of jaffas and eaten half the pack already. :oops:
cinders
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks cinders,,
i am exactly the same, i crave the things i cant have constantly.
i have been cutting down my portions and lost five pounds last week, i weigh myself every monday morning so tomorrow have your fingers crossed for me..
i have even cut down on snacking in the day although i do have a yogurt and fruit instead, occasionally a small bar of choc or pack of crisps just because i cant stand the sudden sugar drop (am not diabetic).
i also wonder if i have fibroids so am gonna see doc cause most of my weight gain has landed on my stomach and i look pregnant, my periods are awful and i would just feel better if i can make sure nothing else is going on which is helping me to gain weight..
anyway, will go for now and have food.
take care and thanks again, maybe we could encourage each other to lose weight then at least we are not alone?
claire
xx

:) :)
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby cinders » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:07 pm

claire edwards wrote:Thanks cinders,,
i am exactly the same, i crave the things i cant have constantly.
i have been cutting down my portions and lost five pounds last week, i weigh myself every monday morning so tomorrow have your fingers crossed for me..
i have even cut down on snacking in the day although i do have a yogurt and fruit instead, occasionally a small bar of choc or pack of crisps just because i cant stand the sudden sugar drop (am not diabetic).
i also wonder if i have fibroids so am gonna see doc cause most of my weight gain has landed on my stomach and i look pregnant, my periods are awful and i would just feel better if i can make sure nothing else is going on which is helping me to gain weight..
anyway, will go for now and have food.
take care and thanks again, maybe we could encourage each other to lose weight then at least we are not alone?
claire
xx

:) :)

Hello Claire. Have you weighed yourself today. As long as you haven't put any on that is the most important thing. When i was losing weight i would often only lose 5lb in a month and some months i just stayed the same. Don't be too hard on yourself if you haven't lost any.
If you have got fibroids they will cause you to maybe be bloated and put on weight. You need to see your doctor. My sister had fibroids removed a coupkle of years ago now and feels a lot better as they caused so much pain.
Every morning i wake up and think today is the day i am going to eat healthy and not over eat. Like you i get a suden sugar drop and have had tests to make sure i am not diabetic. When that happens the weight loss issue goes out of the window as i need sugar fast.
I do want to lose weight can't seem to get in the right frame of mind. I get so angry with myself and feel a failure.

Hoep you are having a good day
Janex
cinders
UKFM Member

Postby suep » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:38 pm

I lost over half a stone last week !! I had a stomach bug :lol: It went back on over the weekend though.

I like the idea of smaller portions, but I still put too much on my plate out of habit. Dividing the plate is a good one too, I do love veg so I'll try that.
sue
suep
UKFM Member

Postby eightiesgirl » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi Cinders :D

:( not been on for a couple of days as had no energy. Just wanted to pick up on the chemicals thing, I read that because Fibros dont get enough of the rapid eye movement sleep, the sleep when your body repairs itself, we are also lacking in certain chemicals. I truly believe that this is where my sugar cravings appeared from, I have never had them before even whilst pregnant. This FMS thing still seems to be a great mystery to all. I also have IBS, another of the attachments of FMS which leads to bloating of the stomach, I look pregnant, not a good look for me :lol: as I'm only small. I looked like a wheeble when I had my daughter. Ah well, if you don't laugh you'd cry. I'm hoping to be back at work next week, though at the moment it seems that it would take a miracle.

Best wishes

eightiesgirl
Taking one day at a time
eightiesgirl
UKFM Member

Postby cinders » Thu May 01, 2008 9:28 pm

suep wrote:I lost over half a stone last week !! I had a stomach bug :lol: It went back on over the weekend though.

I like the idea of smaller portions, but I still put too much on my plate out of habit. Dividing the plate is a good one too, I do love veg so I'll try that.
sue

Sorry you were poorly Sue. :( Not the best way to lose weight. :?
I too am guilty of putting too much on my plate. :oops: I will have to start using a smaller plate. But then i will want a second helping. I am just greedy. :)
I just wish i could get my mind motivated into making sure i eat the right portions of food. I do love veg. Made a wonderful vegetable soup at the weekend. There is only so much veg soup i can eat though.LOL. But it is very healthy and filling which can only be a good thing. Maybe we could put some healthy easy recipe's on here if anyone has any. :D
cinders
UKFM Member

Postby cinders » Thu May 01, 2008 9:33 pm

eightiesgirl wrote:Hi Cinders :D

:( not been on for a couple of days as had no energy. Just wanted to pick up on the chemicals thing, I read that because Fibros dont get enough of the rapid eye movement sleep, the sleep when your body repairs itself, we are also lacking in certain chemicals. I truly believe that this is where my sugar cravings appeared from, I have never had them before even whilst pregnant. This FMS thing still seems to be a great mystery to all. I also have IBS, another of the attachments of FMS which leads to bloating of the stomach, I look pregnant, not a good look for me :lol: as I'm only small. I looked like a wheeble when I had my daughter. Ah well, if you don't laugh you'd cry. I'm hoping to be back at work next week, though at the moment it seems that it would take a miracle.

Best wishes

eightiesgirl

Hi there eighties girl, :)
What you say makes so much sense to me. I too suffer IBS syndrome. I find that if i don't eat what my body craves which is sweet food my pain level actually increases. Could that really be possible or am i making an excuse to eat the wrong food.
FMS is certainly a mystery. I just wish there was some kind of relief from it. Maybe one day.
Take care
Janex :)
cinders
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics