I'm new here

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm new here

Postby newie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Hello. I'm new here. I was diagnosed with fib just over a year ago. I find it very frustrating that family refuse to take notice of what I have and lots of other people. I was told by my doctor not to take any notice of other people and cope with what I can. It seem to go away for a few months then I get another viral infection and here we go again. Its good to know that there are others out here to talk to. Thank you x :wink:
newie
UKFM Member

Postby suep » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi Newie
welcome to our group. Your drs comments sound very sensible. Having FM is not easy, not least beacuase of the pain,fatigue and other symptoms, but because it is an invisible illness and not enough is known about it by most of the medical world, let alone everyone else..

When I was first dx my aunt got me a great book about FM, there are many out there to choose from, but my favourite is 'Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial pain syndrome' by Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen , you can get it on Amazon for about £10.. It explains everything, even how to cope with friends and family who dont understand.

If you have have any questions, theres usually someone who can help answer them here, it is a nice friendly site.
take care
sue
suep
UKFM Member

welcome

Postby joanypops » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi and welcome. I have only been a member for a short while but I love this website. Remember you are not alone there is always someone here to talk to. I think friends and family not understanding Fibro goes with the territory. A lot of it is because some days we look ok on the outside but the inside is a different matter. My husband is the only one who understands what is going on and he says he knows im ill cos some days i wont go shopping even for clothes ( Im a shoppaholic). I hope you stay in touch. Keep well someone out there is always thinking about you XX
joanypops
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics