Technical

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Technical

Postby 2steps » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi,

Any techies on here? Fed up with my old pc, only problem is should I choose a Mac or Pc. Having to use my laptop most of the time.

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Re: Technical

Postby denys » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Personally prefer Windows and PC/laptop not keen on Mac but think thats because never really sat and used one :dunno: :dunno: so my choice would not be a mac :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Depends what you're wanting. A MAC is supposed to have the edge where graphics are concerned, but there isn't anywhere near the amount of stuff available for Mac like there is for a Windows pc. However, with how fast stuff seems to be coming out for Windows pcs that may not be the case for much longer, with a decent graphics card and screen, a windows pc does look pretty decent. We have a gaming pc (well son does) that has been upgraded and upgraded, so seeing how things have improved does make it an easy choice for us...................Windows :-o :-o :-o
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby GarethR » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:28 pm

I love my Macs 8-)
I use Windows too and get fed up with the constant crashes, errors and virus/malware alerts :(
My 9 year old iMac is still going well and has never had a virus or slowed-down as every PC that i have helped fix/restore.

I'd go for the Mac but then i am biased! :-D
GarethR
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics