[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello everyone

Hello everyone

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone

Postby tidesending » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:22 am

Hello everyone, my name is Peter I'm 48 and married and I'm from Newton Stewart in dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. I was dx with FMS last year, after suggesting this could be the problem to one of our doctors who told me it was definatly not Fibro but could not come up with any other answers I saw the other doctor at our practice who agreed it could be and refered me to the rheumatologist at Dumfries who confirmed that was what I had along with OA in my lower back, knees, neck and hands.
I have been off work now for nearly 3 years as a result of complications following surgery for glaucoma.
I have been reading all your postings on a regular basis since I joined this site some time ago and have found them to be very informative and I can sympathise with you all.
Incidentaly I applied for my blue badge about 3 months ago and was granted one without any problem and I dont know if it is the same in England but I then applied for my National entitlement card from the local council and as a result of having a blue badge was granted one that allows me free bus travel anywhere in Scotland.
well thats enough rambling from me for now anyway.
regards
peter
tidesending
UKFM Newbie

Postby suep » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi Peter,
Welcome to the group. Its good to hear you got your blue badge without any trouble. I just hope you find it easier than I do to get a disabled parking space ! My town seems to have a very high population of elderly people who all have a blue badge and glare at me if I manage to get one, also I find at supermarkets everyone parks in the disabled bays especially if its raining, nothing gets done about it !
Sorry, I didnt mean to turn your welcome into a rant :oops: Im just having one of those days.
sue
suep
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi Peter
welcome to the forum.
No-one believes im disabled so i cant get a blue badge, which incidentally would be very helpful...
looks like everyone is having a rant at you.
I hope you find this group helpful
take care
claire
x
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby tidesending » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:40 pm

tidesending
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics