Medic Alert Bracelet....

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Medic Alert Bracelet....

Postby sassyjane » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, i have fibro, migraines, asthma, food and drug intolerances..... And it has been suggested that maybe i wear a medic alert bracelet, does anyone else wear one and if so what do you have on it???
Id appreciate peoples thoughts before buying on

Thanx all

Xx
<3 Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true <3
sassyjane
UKFM Member

Re: Medic Alert Bracelet....

Postby denys » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:46 am

Wouldn't do any harm even if you just list all your meds :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby doglady » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:25 am

I have a medic alert bracelet as I am allergic to Morphine and some anesthetics, I travel the country showing my dogs and my thoughts were if i was involved in an RTA and was unconcious then hopefully they would see the bracelet and know not to give me Morphine, the emergency services can also phone medic Alert (24 hours) and get details of all your medication and medical needs. the bracelet can list allergiea and medication, but it is not very big. I would thoroughly recommend a Medic Alert bracelet.
doglady
UKFM Newbie

Postby Duffinamdi » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:45 am

sassyjane wrote:Hey guys,

Just a quick question, i have fibro, migraines, asthma, food and drug intolerances..... And it has been suggested that maybe i wear a medic alert bracelet, does anyone else wear one and if so what do you have on it???
Id appreciate peoples thoughts before buying on

Thanx all

Xx

Hi Have Fibro / CFS only but I have listed all my meds, so if taken in to Hosp they have a complete list of Meds.
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby illandreal » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:31 pm

hi, some are engraved and so if you then list your medicaiton that is expensive as drugs can be stopped at any time because the dr might decide you no longer need it and they could then think you were on it.
Some are paper and can be altered, some are now cards to put in your bag etc but make sure you update it !

if you have asthma , epilepsy, heart conditions, MS, MND, thyroid problems ,RA, dementia, are on anti coagulants and other things which can alter your whole body such as diabetes or a liver disease or kidney disease etc etc are allergic as opposed to sensitive to something etc then this is ideal to convey info, mental health conditions are also ideally recorded so they are aware of your possibly different reactions to normal situations such as crying and shouting out and so on etc etc. are on chemo or radiotherapy , are known to be dying or have a terminal or progressive illness etc etc
Also things like NOK , if you are a carer for someone whose life depends on you etc etc record it. they will reassess you anyway alter your medicaiton and mainly in a life threatening emergency which this would be needed for they wont be bothered about minor ailments and PMH.

the one time I was seriously ill eg in need of ICU and was alone they were able to contact my consultants and it saved my life them knowing about my lupus and assoc organ problems asap.

worth considering for the seriously ill most def! I
illandreal
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm

I have a card in my purse which lists everything and also a diabetes alert card as I am on insulin it just tells everyone what to do if I'm found unconscious which is great as long as my purse is still with me so a medic alert bracelet sounds good to me I am also allergic to penicillin

I think they would be worth investing in especially if you travel a lot or are often out and about on your own :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics