interesting viewing

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

interesting viewing

Postby multy1969 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:01 am

Hi probably put this in the wrong thread lol sorry but might be interesting to watch>>>>>>On Monday 30th July on BBC2 Panorama is "Disabled or Faking It?" Should be an interesting programme
multy1969
UKFM Member

Re: interesting viewing

Postby isitme » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 am

oh great, cant wait.

i love watching stuff likek this - we might learn something.

like the people who are really disabled like us might learn how to fake it for dwp/esa/dla. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

might help with another appeal :?: :?: :?:
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Just watching this and they showed a young female with fibromyalgia and they said....

she has fibromyalgia which causes dislocated joints

and that was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a load a :girl_moon:

No it doesnt cause this its chronic stiffness and widespread pain :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Iv never come across dislocated joints as the fibro most commen (if at all) problem :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: in fact its never been down on any symptom list iv ever come across :?: :?: :?: :?:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby CottonSocks » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:15 pm

She must have had Ehlers Danlos syndrome type 3 too, they go hand in hand quite a bit it seems.

I watched both, made me angry!! Awful system.
CottonSocks
UKFM Member

interesting viewing

Postby toplessbug » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:14 pm

i agree these programmes are shocking.
Makes me wonder if I should bother going to my medical on 10th !!!

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:38 pm

You need to go bug and if you get the wrong answer appeal, I watched them both Chris Grayling sat and denied over and over about targets but its been shown constantly that targets do exist and those not meeting them are penalised. Things are being highlighted so much that something has to stick somewhere :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:23 am

Makes me laugh how you heard they have targets and how they themselves view the medical plus the crack down on the doctors whom do the medicals if they pass too many!!! then they try and worm out of it ! :face-slap:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Both programs highlighted the same flaws but from different perspectives so how they can say its fit for purpose is beyond me :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby alikat1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 pm

i am surprised that there doesn't seem to be any follow up in the news today about this...that, or I missed it!
alikat1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 pm

No follow up that I saw either but its full of the olympics and how maybe someone is cheating etc. etc. etc. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics