[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - open university disability assessment

open university disability assessment

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

open university disability assessment

Postby isitme » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm

forgot to mention had this last week.

i hope i can muster enough energy and concentration to be able to cope with this.

the assessment was very good and looks like i will be able to get a new laptop and printer with special software to help me to talk into instead of typing.

will see how it goes anyway - you don;t know unless you try.

october here we come - trying to get a desk organised and they have also suggested a table for over the bed/settee. what a brilliant idea don;t know why i never thought of that before.

was a really useful meeting and oh was there as my brain as usual as started getrtting in alot of pain and concentration went after a bit.

:-) :crazy: :crazy:
isitme
UKFM Member

Re: open university disability assessment

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:37 pm

hi good luck hope all works out for you.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby busy mummy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:26 am

I had a similar asessment last september when I started uni. If only ATOS did something similar, i.e. a thorough run down of what you can and cant do.

I got a laptop, software, headset and a chair, desk and allsorts of gadgets. Also because I attend lectures etc I get a travel allowance, a book allowance so I dont have to carry great tomes from the library, paper and stationery allowance because probably print more than usual to help with the concentration. I get a note taker paid for as well for lectures.

I also got the bed tray but it was comandeered by my 4 yr old for a play tray!!!

They really do a fabulous job, I cant sing their praises highly enough. Good luck with the course, I am sure you will do great.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 am

attending lectures and tutorials is going to be a problem with me because of ptsd, so will see about that when i am feeling better.

the book allowance is a good idea but i did tell him i cant hold books so will read stuff on laptop and audio so a budget for downloading online stuff might be good and printing.

am worrying how i will manage concentration and keeping up with course but will see. :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Good luck isitme hope it goes well. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics