[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Low Oxalate diet

Low Oxalate diet

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Low Oxalate diet

Postby wendeee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Has anyone else heard about this. A colleague of my husband, has a sister who suffers with FM, and she's says it's great. She's off all her meds and doing really well. I'm going to give it a try for a month, and see how I get on.
wendeee
UKFM Newbie

Re: Low Oxalate diet

Postby Cariad84 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Wendeee - I have seen this mentioned on here and on the action for ME forum, I am in two minds about it and want to read into it more. It would be really interesting to hear how you get on with it :)
Cariad84
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Linky to another topic that is running about the diet viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14569

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby C4thy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 am

It was recently in the news about a GP who has fibro finding that it worked for her. I'm in two minds about it as we all have our own triggers, among others gluten and legumes for me. I guess it's worth a try but don't come off any meds without speaking to your GP.
C4thy
UKFM Member

Postby wendeee » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Don't worry I won't be coming off anything anytime soon. I'm going to try it for a month and see if there is any improvement. As far as I can ascertain, gluten and legumes are some of the foods very high in oxalate, and bizarrely some fruits. It seems to be in the skins of some, so peeling and boiling seem the order of the day. I'm having a flare up at the moment so it seems a great place to start. Wish me luck :crazy:
wendeee
UKFM Newbie

Postby C4thy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 am

I'm waiting to see a dietician about going on the FODMAP diet to identify my trigger foods. That diet helps to reduce oxalate as well among other common triggers. Maybe you can find some more information if you google FODMAP. We all have different triggers but I was surprised to see that most of mine fell into 2 of the 4 problem groups. I was also surprised to see that many fruits are problematic. You think you're doing the right thing as well. :roll:
C4thy
UKFM Member

Postby wendeee » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 pm

I tried the low oxalate diet. I managed nearly 3 weeks, but I felt so ill I had to stop. I had terrible headaches, diarrhea, nausea and fatigue. It definitely was not for me.
wendeee
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 pm

So sorry it didnt work for you Wendeee , maybe something will come up that will work soon :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics