Single members

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Single members

Postby denys » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:58 am

Hi this board is in answer to requests from single members as a place to introduce themselves and chat, this is NOT a dating site and everyone is advised that this forum is open to the anyone and therefore any personal information placed on here is subject to abuse.

As always if a member wishes to divulge private information to another member then please do this by private message and be aware of internet safety.

Even small pieces of seemingly innocent information can be used by those of us less honest or those with dubious intent so please be very careful
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Single members

Postby honeypots03 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:46 am

hi im jenny.36.single. in shropshire uk.
if u are male and live in shropshire and are aged 30-42 then pm me with something about yourself.
looking for friendship and possible romance/relationship
honeypots03
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:29 am

Hi

My name is Julie and i am a 48 year old single female living in Lincolnshire area. It would be lovely to get to know anyone in the same boat as i am for friendship and possible romance. Ideally i am looking for someone aged 45-55 but getting to know any males in the same situation as me. The winter is now drawing in and when you suffer from something like fibro life can become very lonely and isolated. Please pm if you fit the bill lol!!! I have no children but i have my dog Milly and my 2 cats Misty and Max who are brothers, i love all 3 of them dearly and unfortunately we come as a package so its a must that you are kind to animals!!!

Milly xxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Taz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Everyone.
My name is Keith (crumbs sounds like an intro for AA :lol: ) ANYWAY
I live Nr Bolton in Lancashire, I am single after 14 years of marriage but going through a messy divorce (children always make things difficult) after my wife left to find someone fitter. I have my 12 yo son who is my rock and my best friend, I am 50 but most people say i don't look it :shock: maybe they are being kind :-D anyway Iv'e been through the mill and badly beaten which is the last thing you need when you suffer from FM as anyone on here will know, I would like some friends as I don't have anyone now who understands how life changing FM can be. If the right person came along who knows what might happen, but I'm not pushing for anything. I like rock music and have had motorbikes all my life, I'm a big hunky type (a bit too hunky at the moment but I am working very hard to sort that out) I have a heart of gold and am a caring thoughtful bloke, this disease has cost me a lot and I am fed up of letting it get me down so now I want to fight back, not easy when your a single dad (or single mum I would imagine) so feel free to get in touch if you too would like to look at ways of improving your life, especially if you are a bit lonely
NEVER EVER GIVE UP OR IT'S ALL OVER
Taz
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Keith hope you get some replies, dont forget before giving out too much private info use the PM button so things stay off the main section of the forum be safe :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Taz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:22 am

YEAH mate will do
just fed up of having no one who understands the crap we have to put up with :roll:
Taz
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:12 pm

I know and :fingerscrossed: you will find that right person soon :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pollyanna » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Please see PM :)
Last edited by pollyanna on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
pollyanna
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:25 am

Maggie to PM someone click on the icon by their name it will bring up a new window, write your note and press submit, it will sit in your outbox until the next time the person you are messaging logs on when they get it it will disappear out of your outbox and go into your sent box. Hope this helps :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pollyanna » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:13 am

Hi denys, ty for that, I have managed to do it now :)
pollyanna
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Great :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Single members

Postby pinky1 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm helen, 30 soon to be 31, single, lesbian. Also single mummy to a toddler. Haven't been looking to date anyone. But if it happens it happens
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby Taz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 pm

wow this is great, I am so glad to see this here it just shows how much we FM people have in common
the thing that so far sticks out is the number of partners who can't manage the "sickness and health" bit
i'm quite surprised but lets get together, we all know where we are comming from and we all want to be happy
this section is such a brilliant idea
good luck to everyone using it ;-)
Taz
UKFM Member

Postby moonhare » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Hello to all,

I'm Julze, a biker loving gal of 52, living in North Yorkshire, and gnashing my teeth daily at this dratted condition, but determined to not let it rule my life. Looking back I've had symptoms of FM for well over 20 years, but was only officially diagnosed 11 years ago. I don't have any children or pets living with me......but do have lots of friends who are fabulous, but don't quite fully understand what I go through day to day. Yesterday I felt fab and was very creative, and today I'm paying for it by not being able to stand up!!! Hey ho!

Even so, I try to keep a positive outlook on life, and do what I've always done, albeit in smaller bite size pieces, and maybe not always when I want to do it, but when I'm able to do it!!!!

Big smiles and hugs for all, and please feel free to get in touch.
moonhare
UKFM Member

Postby Taz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 pm

well it's a bit slow on here but at least we have some members interested in meeting like minded friends
don't be shy people, you won't find anyone unless you look :-D I'm a biker and single dad who has a wonderfull son
well 2 actually but just 1 living with me, he is 12 next week going on 20 :lol: but he has been my rock and I his
I tend to be fussy about friends as I have been messed about a great deal, I have been talking to a new friend I have met
on here for a while now and it's been great to have a new friend who just simply UNDERSTANDS and the feeling is mutual.
you can never have two many friends and what can grow from friendship is limitless, so come on and join in, lets face it what have you got
to loose ?
Taz
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics