Single members

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Single members

Postby Mr Majestyk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi, Mr Majestyk here
40 somethin from wales
Single dad of 2 taking each day as it comes , looking forward to outrageous heating bills this winter
I think it''s the first time I've posted on this site so appologies for poor etiquet (why the hell is that word spelled with a Q ? )

Am I a paranoid conspracy theorist or were the Paralimpics blown out of all proportion in the media by Gov stooges in order for the general public to view people with Fibro and such illnesses very dimly ?

Am going to try and get back on my bike this week I keep looking at it allthough it appears to be laughing at me, looks like we're in for a big fight, wish me like Fibro gang "There may be blood"
Mr Majestyk
UKFM Newbie

Postby sailor-ichigo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:24 pm

hi all! im Charlotte, 26yo, had diagnosed with fibro for approx 5 years. live near-ish to nottingham. studying psychology through open uni, have a biology degree too. no kids, no divorces- been single for about 6 years (im clearly fussy -i am a bit- or dont get out enough- also likely!). moved back home after uni and became ill soon after. so didnt get out much for first 3 years ish due to pain, and now im sloooowly getting out a bit more. dont have massive number of friends in this area anymore so that doesnt help.

i love reading- all sorts of random books. like music- mostly rock and metal, but listen to most (anything but hardcore house and dance... eugh). love animals but cant have a pet as im still living with parents as i have no job and no money! love art, history, japanese food and anime, tea, cake...

(this really sounds like a dating ad. not good!)

...anyone tried online sites? i tried match.com. was ok, but lots of creepy old men on there and people seem to ignore what you write or ask again anyway! the cost of these things is nuts.

(sorry about spelling/punctuation etc, i cant be arsed when i type things like this to correct anything)
Charlotte x
sailor-ichigo
UKFM Member

Postby carrieokay » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:17 pm

hi, I've been single 14 years now - children grown and flown. External age is 61, mental age more like shoe size... :crazy:
I love dogs, reading, being creative.
It would be great to meet friends for gentle activities or just a chat. I wouldn't rule out romance but not expecting it!
Carrie

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.
Unless there are three other people.
carrieokay
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi
Im 31 recently separated from my hubby after 5 years together, just looking for friends to start male or female i dont mind. I live in cambs. I have had fibro for ver 2 years but only been diagnosed in July this year.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby Foreman-D » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 am

Hi I'm Danny. Male 21. Looking for friends. In essex or maybe more in future.

Looking for someone who understands me.

Please pm me
Foreman-D
UKFM Member

Postby David61 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 am

hi David 61single. in Brighton Sussex uk.
if u are female and live in sussex any age then pm me with something about yourself.
looking for friendship I miss female company
David61
UKFM Newbie

Postby Whiplashsal » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 am

Hiya!! Im Sal, 36 from the Wirral, also been cursed with the very terrible fibromyalgia! Been on my own for just over a year! I have 2 sons although only my youngest lives with me now and he is amazing! Not sure where I'd be without him to be honest! I am a cat lover, have got two! Can't cope with anymore! Been married , although it was to a very controlling, nasty piece of work so i am happily divorced :grin: I am very much into heavy metal music! Generally the heavier the better!!!

To be honest, Im not expecting much from this, but some new people to talk to who understand and don't think Im just moaning again would be really nice
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Postby inkyboo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi I'm Tracey, 26 and living in Bristol.
My diagnosis is very new and I'm still learning about it but I've always found it difficult to meet someone who understands. Is there any single people in the Bristol area that would like to get to know me?
inkyboo
UKFM Newbie

Postby hannahfibro20 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi i am hannah & 20 i live in taunton feel free to message me i know more then i did in april last year when i was dignosed sorry my spelling is bad. Hope to talk to you soon x

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
hannahfibro20
UKFM Member

Postby LoopyLou78 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:45 am

Hi Just throwing this out there! Not expecting any luck but hey ho its worth a go!! Anyone in the Bexleyheath area of kent like to meet up that is also living with FM?
Be nice to meet a man that would like a relationship with someone with so much in common! Lol!
My names Louise im 34 and new to this site.
LoopyLou78
UKFM Member

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Hey,

Im Tina, in Warrington..

33 ( soon to be 34 ) single mum of 2. Was a biker till last year after being dx with epilepsy.. Hoping to be again once they give me the all clear to drive / ride again :-D Just hoping the fibro doesnt flare up everytime i rev up the old man ( my bike lol ).

Looking for friends, male & female mostly.. After a few rough / violent relationships, ha made me a little shy of trying to date again..

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby PhoebeCat » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi. I'm Lesley, 52 and been on my own for quite a while now. Children have grown up and have either left home or about to leave home. Live in North Staffordshire but I am thinking of moving to south Worcestershire or north Gloucestershire in the very near future. I would like to get to know anyone who would be interested in getting to know me? I dont get out much but maybe that could change?
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:43 pm

hiya all im 41 next month i have a lovely little girl of 16 months and 3 near to grown teens from a 17 year marriage .id love to meet someone who understood how i feel someone to cuddle up to who likes staying in with a movie as i just feel up to going out much thats not to say i don't but hard for a single women to go out. i don't have any girlfriends so i tend to stay home ,but i have a GSOH.i dont want the world i just want someone who cares
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Taz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Well Iv'e not been on here for a few months, so to update I have now completed my divorce, I got what I wanted thanks to evidence gathered by me and my mate, my x's parents blamed me so they got a shock when the divorce papers said "multiple adultery" Hahaha
but all this has helped me get over her and I now feel like I can restart my life again, :-D iv'e bought myself a new motorbike to replace the old one I could no longer ride due to it's weight and riding position, this along with other changes iv'e made have really given me a boost :-D
The FM has gotten a bit worse but new drugs have helped a bit and I feel like I am more in control now, it's been a very tough 2 years all in all but now i'm free of the poison in my life I feel like Iv 'e got a real chance of happiness,I have my youngest son 3 nights a week now and sometimes 4 which is fantastic, even though he can be hard work it's worth it, hopefully I would like to get full custody of him in the future !
anyway apart from the FM the future is looking good, I know it's not going to be easy I know but at least I can see some light at the end of the tunnel :-D :-D
so get in touch, after all what have you got to loose ;-) ?
so if your feeling a bit lonely get in touch for a chat and who knows what ?
NEVER EVER GIVE UP OR IT'S ALL OVER
Taz
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi all

I'm single, 52 and got divorced about 2 years ago after caring for my ex for about 6 years as he has bi-polar, the thanks I got was him having an affair with a much younger woman who was a mutual friend. I am not bitter, I see now that it was a blessing, I have enjoyed my single time since. It would be lovely to have a significant other, I have great family and friends but miss having a partner at times.

I do sometimes laugh with friends about my quirkiness though and if there is anyone out there who'd have me. I have 8 cats, veggie, and spiritual :roll:
felinefine
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics