I SLIDE WAKING THROUGH THE DARK HOURS

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I SLIDE WAKING THROUGH THE DARK HOURS

Postby fionamalkin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:58 am

I slide waking through the dark hours, thoughts turning on circular pathways through my head, my cheek turns to find coolness on the pillow. Not finding sleep I rise to walk, the autumnal September night has filled the house, seeping through the cracks and rising through the floorboards carried on invisible spores and autumn drafts. Padding by street light I wander the quiet rooms and find them strange in the altered atmosphere. When I return to my soft cushioned covers the heat has fled and I slide back into my cooling bed. I have tensed and stiffened and I sag deeper into my mattress, this sagging habit is becoming easier as I am employing it often, I am only aware of my tension when I make a concious effort to banish it, letting my muscles hang about me instead of supporting me. I breath deeply and think of running water and soothing balms coating the edges of my bones with blue, turning my cheek once more to the pillow I wait calmly for sleep. It must have come, snuck up on me and caught me unawares because I wake again with my pain in disaray around me and the sun is up. I rise and for reasons I can not fathom it is not as hard as I had expected, perhaps today will be a good day.
fionamalkin
UKFM Member

Re: I SLIDE WAKING THROUGH THE DARK HOURS

Postby loopyloo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:49 pm

beautifull, :clap:
loopyloo
UKFM Member

Re: I SLIDE WAKING THROUGH THE DARK HOURS

Postby fionamalkin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:28 am

Why thank you loopyloo x
fionamalkin
UKFM Member