Rambling a bit

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Rambling a bit

Postby Vimsen » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I lost my best friend to cancer 7 years ago. This was severely traumatic for me, and I believe this is the incident that triggered my FM (but only recently diagnosed, finally!). Anyways, before that, I was able to concentrate on one thing at a time for a while. I could sit down and watch a movie and get so totally into it I forgot the world around me. I could watch movies/shows all day long, and have a great time, if I felt like it. I loved playing computer games when I needed to "escape", and I got into that just as much as when watching a movie.

When I had fought for a long time accepting she was gone, and no longer being strong enough to fight, I remember it felt like I fell to the floor like a lump of jello(?) and my whole body and mind just shut down. I got trouble with my memory after this (possibly associated with the FM??). Things I knew before, I have now forgotten. I used to be great at making graphics and animations, now I can't remember how, and after several tries, the interest for it is long gone.

The interest I had in so many things before, are now gone. I have tried for so long to regain interest in things, to find joy in things I do, but I'm unable to. Is this because of the FM?

The downside to this is I get so easily bored! Nothing is fun, and I can't stay focused on one thing for too long before I get bored and/or loose concentration/focus. It is sooooo frustrating!

Anyone else have it like this?
Some days are for living.
Others are for getting trough.
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Re: Rambling a bit

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:40 pm

hi, i still have my interests but can lack concentration sometimes which is due to the fm i think,
but are you being treated for depresion i cant remember i have a feeling you did mention something,

but if you arnt do you think i should be checked out and maybe whrn you go to the center you could maybe cover the grief you are still feeling,

i hope you get some help sooner father than later,
take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Vimsen » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:00 pm

My depressions are short and far apart, thankfully. i moved to a new town last year, got a fresh start and life is good now. But what I'm still struggling with, is the lack of memory/concentration and finding joy in things. They wanted me on antidepressives for this, but I refuse them as I don't like the way they make me feel.
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

its horrible to think of all the meds we are on sometimes.

i take 2 lots of anti ds, one in the am to do as it is said and another lot in the evening to help me sleep however when i ran out i was a bit delayed in getting a new supply and boy did my mood floor me. ddddddddddd i didn't think they were helping as well but they were.

concentration is really difficult for me as well especially something that needs alot. i play alot of soliitaire sometimes if i need to turn my mind off but do something to occupy me. but thats about all i can manage - i would not be able to follow an instruction now - especially a written one.

i have been having cbt and every week i had to fill in one of those annoying depression scales and i had to keep asing the therapist what the questions were as even just filling a form in is difficult for me - even one i have done several times. :roll: :roll: :roll:
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby Vimsen » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Hmm... I was sure I had replied...

It wears a person down sometimes, to have such problems with concentration (and memory). I'm really glad you have meds working for you. But are there any concentration techniques your therapist can teach you?
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby bulldog7274 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 pm

concerntration is hard for me even more so being a man as allot of females say we have teribble memories and concerntration :face-slap: ( got it in before anyone else slaps me wife looking over my shoulder). I feel like alot of my hobies im having to give up cos of the lovely FM my air rifle shooting, cycling , walking, im trying though to hang onto my fishing as it gives me time on my own and lets me forget about everything else thats going on with my FM although its getting hard to tie the nots properly cant give this one up :too-upset: :too-upset:. but im trying so hard to stay posative
bulldog7274
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics