Please could you help?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Please could you help?

Postby AndreaR » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi everyone :-D

Hi everyone! I contacted UK Fibromyalgia via email and they suggested I contact members via the forum.

I have been an M.E sufferer for ten years and have had periods where I have been bed bound at one time for five years continually as lost the use of my left hand side and could not feed or toilet myself.

I have been for the last three years going to university in my wheelchair and I am doing a Computing Science degree, as my final year project I have decided to build an application that will help people who are in the same boat as me when I was bedbound.

The application will aid people who require help and cannot fend for themselves, When I was bebound there were periods when I was alone and dropped my drinks, dropped my phone, needed the toilet urgently and could not get there myself and times when my arms and hands hurt so much I could not operate a phone. The application will get assistance for the user from the nearest available person.

I am looking for people to assist me with research into the project, to answer questions about situations they find themselves in that they think an application like this might be useful and to give their opinions on its use and design, suggest functionality and requirements. Do you think any of you would like to participate in the research?

M.E and Fibro sufferers are close to my heart having suffered for a long time so I would like to research a ME/Fibro group of people as well as other groups of people who may find it useful.

If you would like to take part please dont hesitate to contact me via the forum and I can provide further information. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for your time

Thanks
Andrea :-D
AndreaR
UKFM Newbie

Re: Please could you help?

Postby denys » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi Andrea, good luck with the application, I hope you manage to complete the design successfully as it sounds like a very useful gadget
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby AndreaR » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 am

Thanks Denys that is most kind x
AndreaR
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:18 am

:welcome: to the forum Andrea :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with things, sounds like it could be something useful for people with all sorts of conditions who find themselves in a similar situation to what you have experienced :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm

:goodluck1: & :welcome: Andrea
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics