i'm so sad

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

i'm so sad

Postby rachi » Mon May 19, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm very sad because 1hour ago i had to let my poor dog go and chase the kittens in the big sky above. It was the most horrendous thing i have ever had to do he was such a good loving dog and he just looked at me as if to say "why". i felt him die in my arms :cry: :cry: :cry:
I had to then tell my 5 yr old that he had gone to the farm as he was ill and needed the space to chase all the animals he could. He was only 3 and so loyal he followed me everywhere even to the toilet and would sit between my legs silly silly baby.
Thing is i still have his mess in the garden to pick up :oops: i bet i cry the whole time.
i now have the mother of headaches coming so i guess i will go, i'm so sorry to moan but i'm all over the place i just want him back.

i'm sorry Blade mumma loves you so much but i had no choice
what idiot said " pain is so close to pleasure"
rachi
UKFM Member

your dog

Postby cat123 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:27 pm

hi rach,im really sorry about your dog,theres are loads of us on here who are animal lovers,and know how it feels.cherish those memories,Think of the nice times.you have done the right thing.bless you.Im Thinking of you,and im also thinking of animals ive loved,and lost,but wouldent stop me offering a home to another dog that comes my way.xx cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby rae » Mon May 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi rachi, I know just how you feel, trying to explain to children why their much loved dog is no longer there, and then coming across his toys and things in the garden, and it making you cry all over again.
rae
UKFM Member

Postby suep » Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi Rachi ((((hugs)))) Im another one who knows how you feel. It's a horible thing to have to go through and the worst part of owning a pet. But you gave your doggy 3 lovely happy years and he knew he was loved.
I think the way you explained it to your little one was good.
sue
suep
UKFM Member

Postby rachi » Mon May 19, 2008 7:46 pm

thank you all, My hubby is being a star so much so he said he would pick up the mess. I don't think i could ever do that again. Lets just thank our pets for being the best.
what idiot said " pain is so close to pleasure"
rachi
UKFM Member

rainbow bridge

Postby princess » Mon May 19, 2008 7:58 pm

Been there and got the t-shirt. I had to let my wee Westie go 2 years ago and he was my work mate and best friend in the world. But it was the right time as he had cushings and had suffered enough.
I just think i tried to be the best Mum to him, he was loved and he was taken care of - there was nothing else i could do bar the last visit to the vet.
I cried for days.......................but you know my heart was big enough that i took my daughter-in-law's wee cat Greta.
Fibro soft hugs!
princess
UKFM Regular

im so sad

Postby antonia » Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 pm

:cry: i am so sad too i went over to my mums today to cuddle her 'leo' a king charles cavalier the most adorable gentle personality, but i am so glad i said bye bye he was really poorly warm & gentle hugs to you rachi i really feel for you lv antonia xx :(
antonia
UKFM Member

Postby aily » Tue May 20, 2008 8:41 am

Rachi,

I'm so very sad for you - that's so bloody awful. Just to echo everyone else, remember how loved he was for all that time. And just something that helped me a little when our cat passed away, and I know you've probably read it, but maybe it will still help you even a tad:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

Thinking of you lots,

Aily xx
aily
UKFM Member

Postby shadow » Wed May 21, 2008 4:34 pm

Aily - that rainbow bridge story almost had me in floods of tears and I am not usually a weepy person!! It is such a lovely sentiment and I hope it brings you Rachi some comfort.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time, just try to cling to the memories of the good times and feel at peace knowing you gave blade the best life you could and he was very much loved.

Jules xx
shadow
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed May 21, 2008 6:20 pm

God only lends us our pets for a short time, to show us unconditional love, to give us companionship and to let us learn how to love them back.
We will all meet again in that nice green field up in the clouds called Rainbow bridge.
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics